Chapter 146

Your POV
I woke up to the sound of shuffling and fluttered my heavy eyes open.

It took a minute for them to adjust to the light, but after a moment, I could see Giyu moving around the room.

He was packing up his bags along with putting my things in them.

I blinked slowly as I tried to figure out what he was doing when he suddenly looked my way.

"Good morning," He said with a gentle smile.

"Morning," I smiled back, "Why are you packing up?"

Giyu came and sat on the bed, grasping my hand, "The doctor said that Hikari is doing very well. We can go home tomorrow."

I felt the world leave my shoulders and a feeling of relief wash over me. Hikari has been on my mind all night, so much that I didn't get any sleep.

Hearing that we would be able to go home tomorrow made me feel so happy.

I stared down at Giyu's hand with gentle a smile, my eyes locking with the ring on his finger as I had no words.

Giyu's other hand cupped my cheek as he looked into my eyes.

"I can't tell you how happy I am...to have a family with you..." His eyes seemed to shy away and I could see the slightest dust of pink on his cheeks.

I closed my eyes and connected our foreheads, "I'm really happy too, so happy that I could just..." since I wasn't able to come up with any words, I simply tilted my lips until I stole a kiss from Giyu.

One kiss quickly turned into many pecks that were placed all over his face.

Giyu let out a quiet laugh as he held me by the shoulders.

"I've gotten work off for a little while. I can spend all the time in the world with you and Hikari. This way you can also rest and not worry about things for the time being." He said.

My expression twisted into a playful one, "Rest? That's all I did during pregnancy-"

"Yeah well, too bad. Think of it as me spoiling you to death." Giyu interrupted.

"Since when do you not spoil me?" I giggled.

Giyu opened his mouth to combat what I said, but he hesitated...and thought. He tried to think of a time, but I knew he couldn't.

"You know what? Be quiet and let me spoil you." He said and stood up, continuing his packing and cleaning.

I clapped slowly as I watched him walk around the room, "What a great come back!"

Giyu's eyebrows scrunched in a confusing way with a smile as he continued whatever it was he was doing.

I continued to tease him, but everything I said he just playfully rolled his eyes to.

We were abruptly interrupted by a knock at the door, and when it opened I felt even more happy.

"(Y/n)!" Mitsuri's cheerful voice called as she entered the room. "How're you feeling?" She asked.

She threw her arms around me and held me close as I took in her scent.

"I'm feeling fine, I missed you lots!"

When she let go, she turned to Giyu and gave him a small hug as well, "How does it feel to finally be a father?" She asked with a smirk.

Giyu's face flushed a deep red colour as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

Mitsuri smiled and let out a small giggle.

"So, as Hikari's Aunt and Godmother, I have made it my soul purpose to spoil and give absolutely everything to her." She stood with her chest puffed out and hands on her hips.