- Batter up -

"Go Bruce!" You yell out to your boyfriend, a bright smile on your face.

You see Bruce turn to you with his own bright smile covering his features before he blows a kiss to you.

Finney was getting ready to pitch and everyone watched in anticipation.

Finneys team was in the lead but if Bruce hit it right, he could win the game.

It was all up to him.

Everyone sat on the edge of their seat, waiting for Finney to release the ball.

You watch Finney step back, reeling the ball behind him before throwing it with as much power as he could.

Bruce swings, but the ball flies right past the bat, too fast for him to hit.

You lean back a little in disappointment. But it wasn't over yet. Bruce still had two more chances.

The ball is handed back to Finney before he throws it in the air lightly, preparing himself for the next throw.

Bruce gets ready, holding the bat up and bending his knees as his features hold a serious glance.

Finney, once again throws the ball and it flies right past Bruce.

You watch Bruce grow a little angry, looking up and you and you send him a comforting smile, nodding your head towards him.

"Its okay." You mouth, watching Bruces features soften before nodding.

This game wasn't super important. But no one wants to be a loser.

The people cheering for Finneys team all let out screams and whoops as they're confident that Finney is gonna win the game for his team.

But they were wrong.

On Finneys last throw, Bruce swung the bat and hit it perfectly.

You stand up and scream along with the rest of the crowd around you, watching as a player from the opposing team fails to catch the ball as it goes past the fence.

Bruces team all run out onto the diamond once he runs around the bases, everyone cheering and clapping for him.

Bruce looks up at you, watching you cheer for him before turning to shake hands with the opposite team.

Once he's finished, he spots Finney by himself, staring at the ground in disappointment.

Walking over to him, Bruce holds his hand out. "Good game."

Finney looks up, spotting Bruce standing there before taking his hand. "Yeah, you too."

Bruce sends Finney one of his million dollar grins before pointing to his hand.

"Your arm is mint dude. You almost had me."

Finney smiles, shrugging. "Almost." He mutters before pointing you the crowd.

"That your girl?" Finney asks.

Bruce follows his finger to see you standing by the fence, talking to his parents.

Smiling, Bruce nods turning back to Finney. "Yeah."

Finney nods. "Shes pretty. I saw her cheering for you. You're lucky. Not many people get that much encouragement." He says smiling.

Bruce's smile brightens and he looks back at you, almost caught in a dreamy daze. "I know." He says.

Finney and Bruce wrap up their conversation and you wrap up yours with his parents before quickly running onto the dirt towards him.

Bruce smiles brightly as he holds out his arms, ready to catch you as he knows you're going to jump on him.

Which you do. Wrapping your legs around his waist as he holds you tightly.

"I'm so proud of you." You mutter and he laughs lightly.

The two of you pull apart from the hug, you jumping off of him before looking back up at him.

Bruce smiles down at you before leaning in and the two of you share a kiss.

Some people in the crowd who had caught the two kissing in the middle of the diamond let out some cheers and ooo's before the two of you break apart.

Laughing, Bruce grabs your hand before walking off the field, towards his parents.

"I'm gonna go get changed, I'll be out soon." He says to you and you nod, giving him a thumbs up.

He sends you a bright smile before running off to the changing rooms, your eyes following after his as he leaves.