15. burning

NO POV
Mateo is two,turning three on the 11th of June,he's a summer baby which fits his little character perfectly. His adorable huggable personality but he's also the adopted son of Elara Romero and Xavier Moretti so you can't really expect him to be all sunshine and rainbows. His father is the most dangerous Moretti brother and his mother is someone who always gets what she wants. And to top it all off,the cherry on top is little Mateo has killed his father's uncle which would have caused a family war but no one really gave a fuck about that uncle.

Elara
My son killed a man. I'm so proud. Me and Xavier walk back into the hall where most people are staring at us wondering what the fuck will happen next. The answer is that most of these people will die by the end of the night. Why? Because they encouraged the test. They applauded when me and Xavier were bleeding. We move onto the second part of our plan-stall. We spread out,I talk to the men and Xavier talks to the women.

I approach a group of men who have their eyes planted on my tits. I wave at them and they give no response,just stare thinking unholy things. I say to them in a slow,cute voice "make sure you stay here and if you do I'll give you all a surprise." They all nod,one of them sips their wine.

Me and Xavier receive the text from Faye 'it's done.' She's referring to her,Ares,Darren and Sienna pouring gasoline on the outside of this building. I look up from my phone to see where Xavier is,he's already looking at me. We both walk towards the door and I smile before shutting it,trapping everyone in that building.

"Get back!" Faye shouts before throwing the match at the building. Me and Xavier join everyone else as the structure of the building collapses and the screams of those inside ripple through the flames. I smile contently "I did pinky promise," Xavier says in my ear as he holds my hand leading me to his motorcycle.

Xavier
Faye,Sienna and my brothers have done the thing I was scared they wouldn't do,they have accepted Elara;killed for her. They all would kill for her and I would do it infinity times over.

My bike is the only item I truly love. It was a gift from my late father and to protect I have a rule: no one is allowed to drive it except me. That rule will stay no matter which pretty girl asks. I take Elara away from the burning building and lead her to my bike. She puts on her helmet which she wrote on in permanent marker 'ELARA'S :) '  I don't know why she wrote her name on the helmet when I've never let another woman on the bike.

She sits on it and asks "can I ride it?" I shake my head "why don't you ride me instead?" She rolls her eyes and mutters "I'll ride you on the bike," I think it was supposed to be offensive or a roast but it's actually not a bad idea. "Ride me then," I say and she says "first let me ride the bike," she leans forward allowing her tits to be in my view. I hate her.
"No." She smiles and runs her fingers across my arm "yes or I'll walk."
"Walk then," I say starting my bike.

She stars walking,she actually starts walking. I drive at the same pace as her following her. She'll give up soon. She speeds up and starts running. I continue following her. Then it begins to rain. She'll turn around and will get on the bike. She doesn't,of course she doesn't and instead she speeds up.

I follow her until I remember that she's wearing a short ass dress so she'll be freezing. This is stupid. I stop her from continuing by stopping the bike in front of her blocking her way. I get off the bike and walk up to her. She looks up at me as I fasten her helmet on her. "You can ride the bike,just be careful," I tell her and she beams at me before rushing onto the bike. I join her sitting behind her wet arse. Don't get hard. She starts the bike and speeds off.

She takes off and although I've rode before,now sitting at the back has enlightened me to how fucking scary it is. Like no wonder Elara grabs onto me when I ride. That's what she said.

We make it to the driveway of our house because she couldn't keep her hands off me. She turns herself around,still on the bike and faces me. I look at her and she knocks my helmet with hers. I smile under the helmet but she can't see that. "You know,you act all tough and dangerous but your actually a big teddy bear," she says taking off her helmet showing me her tired face. I don't regard what she says because I am dangerous but just not with her. Why? I have no clue.

"You should really laugh more,it's actually very attractive," she says drooping her head down on my chest. I look to see she's asleep. I have to carry her. Just then her stomach rumbles. When did she last eat?
I wake her up and she looks to me rather weak as if she could faint at any time.

I stand her up and encourage her to walk,she falls. I rush to her and she's laughing "El,no come on you need food in you," I plead. She nods her head and throws her arm around my shoulder. I help her inside where Faye explaining something to Sienna,who is sat on a counter listening. I call them and they look at me confused. "Elara's fallen and she-" What if she doesn't get up? No,no she'll get up. She has to.

Sienna takes El of me and asks "when was the last time she ate?" I don't know. I shrug my shoulders feeling helpless. You idiot. Why don't you know

Sienna has two degrees one in chemistry and the other in medicine both of which she obtained by the age of 22. Her dad owns most universities but she's the reason she achieved them. She asks me "did she do anything that might have made her pass out?" I retrace through everything we did,she did and shit. "She went out in the rain,that's why she's soaked." Why didn't you let her ride your bike? You selfish idiot.

I start obsessing over the minor details of tonight and I think Faye notices because she tells me to come over to her. I do and she strokes my arm "Xavier stop," I shake my head. I'm fine. "Xav I'm not stupid stop,sit," I sit "it's not your fault that she passed out,you had no say in this." She says squeezing my shoulder. My mind goes back to how mum died. How she passed out and my dad blamed himself. "You can't spiral over minute details," she says and I look at her,look in her caring eyes and I realise that she's right.

Sienna shouts "she has pneumonia,we have to take her hospital," I run out to bring my car round to the front of the house. I step into my car and I immediately start thinking the worst. I can't do this on my own. Before driving I call Darren.
"What?" He says clearly in bed.
"Elara passed out,Sienna is saying she has pneumonia and I don't know I need you." I say 'I need you' because it's true I need my brother and I think this is the first time I've ever said that. 'I need you.'

I pull up to where Sienna is already waiting for me with Elara. I open the back door and Sienna heaves her in. "Wait!" My brother shouts running with only his robe on. Sienna stifles a laugh and he asks "what,I thought this night would be going differently." He says and with that I drive to the hospital. As I drive I find myself constantly glancing at the mirror to see if Elara's woken up. She never does.

We arrive at the hospital and Darren tells Sienna "you go we'll park the car." I give him a weird look but he says "Xav,are you okay?" He asks and I shake my head. "Ok so explain what's wrong," he says and I putting all of myself out in the open "when she collapsed on my chest all I thought of was mum,I thought Elara was sleeping just like dad did and right now I'm blaming myself just like dad."

"You are like dad we all are you just inherited his coping mechanisms but there's one thing that's different and that's that you are a lot stronger than him,mentally I mean he could easily flatten you," he says and I laugh at it. My dad was strong physically too strong but mentally he was always a mess. "Better?" I nod and we walk into the hospital.

thanks for 32k!!
—> —>