Naughty Dragon, Go To Bed

"And now," Korr told me once we were back in the house again and Ethat was spitting bugs at the crowd to get them to disperse, "we can breathe."

Except he was still dangling from around Asund's neck, even if he seemed more... sparkly. I slid alongside him, pushing my hands over his ribs but avoiding the wound. "You didn't have to."

He smiled. "Yes, I did. Although I will confess that I am utterly exhausted."

"And this... is it worse?"

"I think it is a bit better. Although you can put your hands on me again to see."

"I can't take you seriously when you're like this." Did he feel quite as hot? Did he seem a little more animated? Did he feel a little less fragile under my hands? Maybe I was imagining all of it.

Ormiss wrapped the wretched whip into a tight coil and placed it on an iron hook hanging from that equally wretched, bloody skirt. "The bird will not come back. You drew him out without accusing him or revealing too much."

"And you said too much. Cornering the Raven is foolish. He does not want what happened to get around Haven, ergo, manipulating him is straightforward. It is a game of patience. Of which you have very little."

"I have spent many years patiently waiting for my consort, listening to the eddies and currents, divining what would please her and bring her joy. I am done with patience. I refuse to humor any who threaten her or menace her. And that bird is coming back. You bought tonight, Korr, and nothing else."

"Agreed," Asund said.

Itek cast his golden gaze between Ormiss and Asund, then told Korr, "He wants her, and he will not give her up. Ravens are faithful partners, and Theia is a puzzle. But she's made it clear she has already gone to the Churn, and has returned to us, so I don't know what he hopes to achieve."

Soir hoped to achieve exactly what Soir had always hoped to achieve. "My being partnered isn't an obstacle for him. He said he'd be happy to have me anyway, and let you watch."

Ethat champed his teeth down and Ormiss bristled with magic.

"Oh, I do not mind watching," Itek said flatly, "but only if one of us is pleasuring you."

Ethat chirped agreement and smacked the floor with his tail.

"Then I guess I shouldn't tell you how he said I could even go fuck my consort as long as he didn't finish inside me," I added.

"That crude bird," Ormiss growled while Korr coughed with delicate shock.

"He also suggested we move the table so you could all have a better view while I sat on his lap. He knew you were watching. He just thought it was Ethat's bugs with the multiple songs."

"I am going to kill him," Ormiss growled.

"Oh, I don't know, he sounds like he knows what he wants... and likes," Korr said with mild jest.

Ormiss pointed a lightening-crackling finger at Korr.

"You've said worse," I reminded Ormiss. Soir should have offended me, but even after everything, I still found it a bit funny how wicked he'd been. A combination of endlessly devious with total honesty--if you were smart enough to pick the grains of honesty from the regular millet.

Ormiss shifted his weight, and his expression smoldered like embers. "I am your consort, and you enjoyed such suggestions when they fell from my lips. I remember how you softened under my hands, how you body pleaded with me to somehow make it come true, and I remember thinking how exquisite it would be to give you what you wanted. In time. After you had been left to covet it enough."