[ 28 ] Turkey or Ham?

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
• turkey or ham? •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

PART TWO TO THE DOUBLE UPDATE 🤭

"I THINK ITS 'WICKED IS GOLD'," Minho stated, flipping a small stone in his hand. Where did he get the stone? She didn't know; they were in the Garden and the Garden wasn't meant to inhabit rocks.

They were there because Evony and the rest of the runners were helping Zart and Newt out for the day. The reason being the night before when it rained, and somebody had forgotten to put all of their running shoes in a dry place. She knew it had been Max, but she felt bad if she explicitly told him off for it. And she could tell he felt guilty by the way he got quiet whenever the subject was mentioned. So, she didn't bring it up. She didn't mind working in the Gardens after all. It was a nice change of scenery for the day.

It had been a couple days since Thomas got his voice back, and in that time he had been talking non-stop. He rambled on about ideas and even small pointless topics so much that several of the Gladers had forcefully told him to shut up.

She didn't of course; she liked hearing the sound of his voice.

In that time she also gained the courage to tell Minho about Max and Ben. She had asked Thomas for the full story first-which he was reluctant to tell-then proceeded to relay the message to the Keeper.

Turns out the two boys had been playing a game of Strip or Dare. Where if you didn't complete your dare then you had to...well...take off a piece of clothing. Except they were wasted that instead of starting with a sock, the boys jumped right into taking off shirts. Thomas claimed he hadn't been paying much attention to what the dares were, and that he looked over one time and they had just started kissing.

One valuable piece of information he had been able to gather was that Ben had made a point of telling Max that he and Minho broke off whatever they had. She figured that was why the boys were so quick to tangle themselves up in eachothers limbs. Little did Max know, their "break off" had been a bit more than a simple goodbye. It included a heartbreak from one half of the duo.

So, yeah, Minho was pretty pissed, and everyone could tell it too.

"WICKED IS GOLD sounds too posh," Newt interjected. His fingers toyed with the vines that were growing around metal wires, wrapping them around to keep them in place.

"Fine then," Minho huffed, "WICKED IS GOAT. Winston would like that one."

Evony sighed, bringing attention to herself by accident.

"Was that a sigh?" Max asked.

"No."

He glanced at the two other boys, "I think that was a sigh."