⇢︎ Chapter 63 : A Twisting Gut

Ba-thumb

Ba-thumb... Ba-thumb...

Karasuma peeked around the corner of the room. He noticed a monitor and a chair facing away from him. He narrowed his eyes as he waved his hands, a movement that gave the signal to keep going forwards. The class emerged from the dark corner.

'Ninjas are said to have used this walking style...' Koro-sensei monologed to himself. 'I've noticed my students favor the silent thoughtful approach to killing these days over more abrupt methods. I'm glad that Y/n was kind enough to help teach the class on this method.'

The whole class walked from the back of the room to where the glowing monitor was. Karasuma was leading the class with a gun in his hand, ready to aim for their protection. Near him was Y/n, watching with hawk-like eyes, and searching for any movement from the master mind as they strayed closer.

Ba-thumb... Ba-thumb...

Koro-sensei looked at his students with pleasantry. 'Look at them now. Despite the time crunch they stubbornly refuse to panic. I'm so indescribably proud! Whoever we're about to face, my students will certainly give them more than they bargained for.'

The class stopped a bit away from the chair facing all the monitors. Next to the chair was a case strapped with a bomb. On the desk was a remote with a bright red button, a clear sign of what it could be used for.

'Odds are the antidotes in the case...' Karasuma thought to himself with narrowed eyes. '...and the case is rigged with plastic explosives. We're right on time...' He gave the signal to keep moving to the class, to which they followed. 'Ideally, we'll be able to take this guy by surprise.'

The class all held in their breaths as Karasuma aimed his gun towards the detonator. 'If he spots us, his first instinct will be to go for the detonator. I'll take it upon myself to shoot him in the arm... Once that's out of the way, we'll rush in as a group and dogpile this son of a bitch...'

Ba-thumb, ba-thumb...

The class moved forwards, until they couldn't. Isogai looked at Y/n in confusion since he had paused mid-way. His eyes slightly widened when he noticed that Y/n took a step backwards, out of pure fear.

Y/n slightly shook his head as he clutched onto his teddy bear. His eyes were wide with horror as he had gotten a glimpse of the silhouette of the mastermind. He knows who that is, and he's terrified. However, others haven't and stared at Y/n in confusion.

"This itch!" A person behind the chair exclaimed making everyone freeze in their place. "It burns no matter what I do! Still, one man's sensitivity is another man's hyper vigilance! Make me feel wired to my surroundings."

The person threw a bunch of detonators, all looking exactly the same, behind him. They all land in front of the class as they gasp in shock. Y/n stepped back as the denotators scattered in front of him. His nerves are starting to get to him.