Awakening

(A/N: Since I decided to drop this fanfic regardless, I will publish this chapter that I drafted just for fun. It hasn't gone through much editing so don't hope for too much, just have a fun read as this is the last part of this story. This takes place when Gary is fourteen years old.)

Gary POV:
I walked my way calmly through the tunnels, the sounds of my footsteps muffled by the moving sound barrier surrounding me.

I lifted my head, my cold eyes piercing into the wooden gate blocking my path.

'As I thought, it's another Alacaryan camp.'

A gush of wind willed into existence and burst open the gate for me. A massive cavern sprawled in front of me, with hundreds of Alacaryans attempting to tame, or enslave, beasts of varying power to use in the war.

Portals were buzzing with energy as various soldiers moved back and forth.

'I should take care of that first,' I thought as I shot a small tendril of lightning from my right palm. The portals instantly collapsed, causing all their heads to turn towards me.

"Am I finally worth of your attention?" I asked without a hint of amusement while putting my thumb on the hilt of my sword.

The third movement of the Keiki Style: Void Step.

My silver core shone with energy as I siphoned lightning and sound mana out of it. The world seemed to have warped around me as I instantly found myself in middle of them.

Using the momentum from my movement, I swung my sword in a circle, instantly killing a few dozen mages caught off-guard. The ones in charge of enslaving the beasts panicked and tried to wake them up while the rest of them charged straight at me.

'I thought they would have been frightened. Is this mob mentality?' I wondered while looking coldly at the soldiers coming towards me.

The various weapons and spells of the troops neared my body, only to be deflected easily by coiled armour made of yellow tendrils of lightning formed around my body.

This armour deflected the attacks without a hitch. My foot dug into the ground, shooting out thicker serpents of lightning that quickly crawled their way up to the beasts.

The beasts, still struggling against the artifact, died with a wheeze, unable to defend against my spell.

The soldiers closest to me were electrocuted while the others retreated, wary of my spells that may have seemed foreign to them. I brought my left hand up and snapped my fingers.

Snap!

A pulse of sound shot out from my attack, instantly deafening all the soldiers, most of whom too reliant on their Shields to augment their ears.

Blood trickled down the necks of my enemies as they let out shrieks of agony.

'How annoying.'

The second movement of the Keiki Style: Horizon Splitting Slash (360)

The world dyed in white as my sword cut through the air in a circular motion. Silence enveloped the room as all the sounds coming from the soldiers died.

Plop! Plop! Plop!

Slowly, the neatly cut heads of the soldiers fell to the ground after sliding off their necks.

'Done with another mission,' I thought as I prepared to make my way out.

Suddenly, an overwhelming pressure overpowered my senses, taking the full force of my willpower to maintain a stoic expression. If not for the fact that I had Monarch's Indifference, I may have already shrunk back in fear.