10: Until I Met You

Chapter 10

“So, what do you say?”

In the couple seconds following his question my mind went blank and couldn’t comprehend a thing however, I quickly viewed both the positive and negative sides of ditching.

On the negative side of the spectrum, two main points stood out in my mind. Firstly, when a teacher came in on checked on us, if anybody came in at all, they might realize I was missing and I could get into serious trouble.

I know it seemed like the worst-case scenario, but I happened to be overanalyzing everything.

Secondly, I would have to hang around Cason all afternoon and, based on our previous encounters, he didn’t seem to be all that friendly with many peers.

However, there was also the positive side to this plan. I knew Cason had to have enough brains to bring me somewhere on this little adventure that was far enough away from the pier that we wouldn’t get caught. Also, we would have a very slim chance of getting caught as the teachers that stayed behind seemed to be too focused on actually teaching a lesson rather than coming over to check on the ‘left behinds’. Finally, although it seemed rather tempting, I really didn’t feel like spending the rest of my day in a stuffy old classroom, stuck in an uncomfortable chair while listening to the guy in the back snore his brains out.

Releasing a sigh, I shook my head as I answered, knowing I would probably end up regretting my decision at one point or another.

“Yes.”

As I turned my face towards Cason, I saw that he had an eyebrow raised in surprise. “Yes what sweetheart?” he asked, his mouth quirking up into his signature smirk.

I smiled slightly and rolled my eyes. “Yes I’ll go on this little adventure with you.” I replied.

“I knew you wanted me.” Cason said, wiggling his eyebrows as a response, to which I simply rolled my eyes. He stood up from the desk he had occupied beside me and nodded towards the door. “Come on then, we’re bailing before the snore monster awakens.”

Giggling at his dig on the shaggy haired boy, who had indeed started snoring aggressively once again, I grabbed my bag from the floor and hitched it over my shoulder as I stood on my feet. “First, how about you hold back on the conceited comments for today?” I said, looking to continue before Cason interrupted me with a smirk.

“Now Jessa, you can’t expect me to change my personality for you, can you?” he asked sarcastically.

Ignoring the little pit of anger and despair that built up in the pit of my stomach when he called me Jessa, I rolled my eyes and continued on with what I was saying. “And secondly, are you gonna tell me where we’re going on this so-called adventure?” I asked.

“Now, it wouldn’t be an adventure if you knew where we were going.” he stated in reply, before walking up to the doorway of the classroom.