𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Right after the battle, once Dustin and Eddie end up in the real world they head over to the trailer they stole earlier. Dustin opens the door as Eddie steps inside, he let's his whole body fall down to his knees. Dustin steps inside taking a seat opposite where Eddie was sitting.

"Ed.."

Dustin's broken voice tries to talk to Eddie but he's zoned out, he ran out of tears at his point, he was just broken. He curls up into a ball, bringing his knees to his chest and wraps his arms around his legs holding them as he rocks back and forth slowly. Dustin throws his head down fidgeting with his fingers as they wait for everyone else to come back, half an hour in Steve, Nancy and Robin run into the van closing the door behind them with big smiles on their faces.

"Guys we did it!!"

Steve shouts as Robin and Nancy hug each other before pulling apart.

"I can't believe we did-"

Steve stops talking once he notices a member within their group was missing.

"Where's Aura?"

He asks looking around. Robin looks down at Eddie rocking back and forth, she slowly walks to him and kneels down in front of him while Dustin shakes his head to Steve and Nancy, that was their sign she didn't make it. Robin places her hands on Eddies arms.

"Hey.. hey Ed we are here.."

He wouldn't look at anyone, it's like his body was here but his mind was somewhere else. Robin falls back on her bottom throwing her hands to her head in shock.

"This- this can't be, what happened?"

She asks tearing up. Steve walks over sitting next to Dustin.

"The bats.."

Dustin broke down to tears again shaking his head.

"They attacked her, she sacrificed herself for us.."

Steve wraps his arm around Dustin comforting him as he manages to tear up himself, Dustin leans into Steve's chest bawling his eyes out. He couldn't get the image of her dead body out of his mind, it for sure was trauma he was going to live with, same goes for Eddie. Nancy puts her hand to her mouth in shock as she shakes her head.

"God.. what are we going to tell Hopper.."

They all take a moment to sit in silence, honouring Aura at this time, before they head back. Eventually they found out Max was actually in coma, that Vecna had got to her and they weren't even sure if she would ever wake up. Eddie would stay with Dustin because his trailer got destroyed, in time Eddie also got his name cleared, they knew he didn't kill Chrissy.

Hopper took it rough after finding out what happened to Aura, Dustin had to go over there and explain to him everything that went down, Eddie on the other hand didn't leave the house for a whole week. It took him just over a week to pick himself up and force himself to go back to school, he needed to carry on. He promised Aura he was going to graduate for her and as hard as it was to move on, he had to do it, for her.

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

5 MONTHS LATER

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

"You going to be okay?"

Steve asks sitting in the drivers seat as he looks at Eddie sitting at the back of the car through the mirror. Robin sitting besides Steve she turns to look back at Eddie.