First Betrayal

...

"Can you wield a sword?"
One of the knights asked.

Midoriya nodded his head, "yes, I'm above proficient level"
He replied.

"Then you'll just have to pass the test, if you can wield a sword above proficiency then you should be able to pass.
Come with me and we can have you take the test now."

Midoriya's eyes widened with joy as he stood up and followed the knights.
They took him to a building with many other knights.
Those knights were all training when they came in.

Midoriya was taken straight to the head of all knights, he was the one who was to evaluate whether or not he'd be allowed to become a full time knight.

"State your name and business"
The captain of the knights said as he sharped swords.

"My friend here wants to become a knight, he has good sword handling skills."

"Hm"
He glanced at Midoriya who sat there with a big smile.
"Fine.
You'll have to go through a test. Grab a sword and follow me"

Midoriya was shown a couple swords, he grabbed one and followed the captain.
He was lead back to the training grounds.

"You'll fight him"
He pointed to someone who was in the middle of fighting another person.
"He's the minimum amount of strength you have to beat to be able to enter.
Think you can do it?"

Midoriya looked over, "he has a decent build of muscle. His swords skill is obviously not below proficient.
The precision he has with each hit is also pretty good.

But he's not that strong in comparison to me."
He thought to himself.
"Yeah I can.
I just have to subdue him, right?"
Midoriya asked.

"Disarm him or leave him unable to fight back.
You also need to do it within 10-20 minutes.
Anything above that and you don't qualify.
Understood?"

Midoriya nodded his head, "alright."

"Okay then.

Hey!
You!
Come over"
The captain shouted.

The spar was paused as Midoriya's opponent approached.
"What do you need?"
He asked.

Midoriya could hear his heart beat out of his chest, there was obvious sweat rolling down his forehead, and he had been breathing pretty hard.

"Fight him.
We're testing to see if he's allowed to join"

"Alright.
Let's go"

Midoriya followed his opponent to a proper match ring.
The sun was overbearing, the heat made the nasty smell of sweat and musk worse.

"Alright.
Try as hard as you can
We start now."
His opponent said, holding out his sword.

"Okay"
Midoriya replied, holding out his sword as well.

The man quickly charged at Midoriya, holding out his sword ready to strike with all his strength.
Midoriya gripped his sword and blocked the strike from the other sword with sheer force and body strength, which he didn't need a lot of.

He locked swords with the man.
The man struggled to push Midoriya to the ground, who didn't even look like had had been struggling.
Midoriya pushed, easily stronger than the man, and watched him fall onto the ground holding his sword almost desperately.

He quickly jumped back up and tried to slash Midoriya but Midoriya dodged and kicked him.
The man quickly recovered and dodged Midoriya's attack, but he lost balance while trying to do so and fell hard on his back.