*39. who's nina?

WHO'S NINA?

WHO'S NINA?

✧・゚: * "Get the- get the napkins!" Jonathan keeps pressing his hands against the security dude's stomach where his bullet wound is.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit," Nora hears Argyle saying as he drives up front like some kind of mantra.

"Here! Here are more napkins," Will and Mike frantically press them against the wound as Max stays huddled in the far corner of the van where Nora is trying to comfort her.

"Hey, look at me, Max," Nora says softly, trying to tune out the yelling voices. "It's okay, okay? You're alright. You're gonna be alright. Just keep looking at me, it's okay," Nora tries convincing as Max stays in a huddled position.

"I'm fine," Max assures, but she's unable to look away from the bloody sight even as Nora holds her hands so tightly she's sure it's going to cut off her circulation. "I'm fine. I'm okay."

"Yeah, yeah, okay, you're okay. It's okay. Everything's fine. Just fine."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Max tries lightening the mood despite the yelling in the background.

"Myself," Nora answers truthfully, mostly just trying to look Max in the eye so she doesn't have to direct her gaze to the bloody sight behind her or the feeling of sticky blood on her hands and clothes from when she was helping before she felt like she was going to pass out.

"I can't, I just can't do this," Max looks down again, tucking her knees close to her chest as Nora moves so she's criss-cross in front of her, still holding her hands.

"I get it, okay. It'll be fine. We're almost at the hospital, then it'll all be okay. Okay?"

"This reminds me of- no, I'm fine. I'm okay," Max is obviously going through something mentally that she's not quite ready to share with Nora, especially not now as everyone's now yelling about some pen.

"Hey, guys," Argyle's voice brings Nora out of her nauseous state for a moment to allow her to realize everyone's stopped talking over each other. "Why is it so quiet back there?"

No one answers, but Nora doesn't need them to for her to feel Max hold onto her hands even tighter. She shoots a concerned look at her, but the redhead's eyes are shut and she's clearly trying to force herself to take deep breaths.

"Is he dead? Oh my God, did he die?!"

"We should get off the road," Jonathan states, looking at something through the back window.