Episode 64

A

DIAMOND
💎
HEART

Episode 64

The playlist for this chapter is ' Presence - Hold on' do enjoy 🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV Cont'd

"For real Fernando?! Just listen to yourself speak, Fernando. What is wrong with you? Why are you being so irritating with your attitude? Can't you just calm down and let what I just said sink into your mind and your head?! Stop being blind over all this and focus for a second!" Antonio yelled dramatically and rose to his feet.

"I don't care if you hate your wife for what she did to you but keep your hate aside and look through this already! I am an attorney and I know how to dig into cases like this until the truth is out, so why can't you just give me the chance to help you? This is not about Micaela, we are talking about justice here! It's time those bastards pay for all they did to you, me, and Micaela! We were their victims, we shouldn't let them get away with it!" He yelled once more.

I really can't tell if it was the yelling from Antonio that calmed me down or if it was the point he was trying to prove to me. Suddenly I found myself in a flashback of that night again, and all I was seeing was the smirk on Raphael's face and that of his friends.

"Come sit over here with us, today is a special day for you so I have to treat you special" Raphael's voice echoes in my head.

I can't forget how foolish I was to have done what he told me. I should have known he had bad intentions toward me.

"Did you say Claudia was the one who had set up, Micaela?"

"Yes, that's right" he answered and I furrowed in disbelief.

Claudia? There was a girl that sat next to Raphael and was kissing him that same night when he asked me to come to sit with them. Because my mind was not on her, I didn't take notice of their face. But now that all this truth is surfacing, I can't help but recall the face of that lady.

I shuddered at the thought of her and I glance at Antonio."Oh no, you are right, Claudia was there that night. She was with Raphael and I didn't realize it was her until now, damnit!"

"I told you so, thank goodness you were able to remember something" he sighs in relief. "It was all a set-up by those bitches and their gang" he continues.

Silence hits me and regret began to overwhelm me. "So, Micaela is innocent?" I mumbled.

"Yes buddy, she is innocent. She was only a victim of that mysterious plotting against you two. I'm very sure she suffered the same way as you did all these years. Why did you think she wanted to take her life that day you saved her from doing so?"

"She never told me the reason behind it" came my reply. I knew she was hiding something but I couldn't tell what she was hiding.

"It's because she was too guilty to have seen you again after those years that have gone by. She wasn't just guilty that she ruined your life, but she was also in love with you. She couldn't tell you because she was afraid of losing you when you eventually found out about the past" Antonio explained and I felt guiltier.

"That lady told me there wasn't a day that went by in her life that she didn't think of you. She was worried about you especially when she found out you remained a bachelor because of your past. She was so tired of all the secrets and guilt that she wanted to commit suicide just so she can rest in peace, but then you saved her and that made her fall in love with you all over again".