twenty-five.

Helena's POV:

I walked out the kitchen but stopped in my tracks when I saw him in front of me for the first time in a whole year.

"Theo?" I whispered.

He ran and put his arms around me. I put the tray down on an empty table before hugging him back. Tear fell effortlessly from my eyes as I stood there shocked.

"You're alive. We were looking for you." He cried. I could feel him shaking underneath me. I kissed his hair crying myself.

"I missed you so much." I whispered into his hair. He lets go of me.

"You look so different." He told me. "You're blonde now. You said you were never going to dye your virgin hair."

I laughed, nodding. "I know. You look so grown up. You're even taller now." I replied.

"The genes are beginning to kick in." He replied, smiling. I laughed. "Come upstairs. Everyone's there."

Remember Zuko is watching you. I reminded myself.

"I have to do my job but I'll come later. It's not safe right now." I told her. His smile dropped and concern etched onto his face.

"Are you okay? What do you mean?" He asked getting worried.

"Don't tell anyone yet. I'll figure out how to reach you. Go upstairs and act like normal. I'll find a way to talk to you." I said softly. My hand going through his soft hair. "Could you do that for me?"

He nodded. "We are at the hotel about 20 minutes from here. My room is 215." He whispered. I nodded kissing his forehead.

"Remember, act normal." I told him. "I love you." I whispered hugging him again.

"I love you too." He whispered back. He nodded letting go walking off looking back every few seconds.

They're in Spain. They all in Spain. This might be my only chance.

Roman's POV:

Theo came back with a huge smile on his face and sat down. I looked at him weirdly.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked. We all looked at him.

His smile dropped. "Nothing. I just saw something funny." He replied.

"What did you see?" River asked, curiously.

"Uhh I saw a dog trying to attack another dog." He said scratching his neck.

"Didn't you go to the bathroom?" Zeke asked.

"I saw it on the way up here." He said, nodding.

I stared at him. What's he hiding? I watched as Xavier reached over and wiped something from his forehead.

"Why do you have lip gloss on your forehead?" Xavier questioned with a raised eyebrow.

Theo scratched his neck. "That's soap. I sneezed when it was on my hand. It must've gotten on my forehead. Anyways when's the food coming?" He replied, drinking the water in his cup.

I made eye contact with Ace who sitting across from me. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"He's lying." He mouthed.

I nodded. "I know." I mouthed back.

*****

We finally got to the hotel about an hour later after dropping Zeke back at his dorm. We weren't going to stay here long. Only a week before we were going to leave. I watched as Theo looked around before walking into his hotel room.

Xavier, Luca and Ace walked up to me watching him as well. "He's definitely hiding something." Ace spoke first.

"But what?" Luca replied.

We shrugged. "Something obviously happened while he was in the bathroom." Xavier said.

"Well, he's obviously never going to tell us unless we ask him." I told them.

"You go ask him." Xavier told me. I nodded and knocked on his door.

Theo opened the door. "I need to talk to you." I said. He nodded letting me in. "So I'm going to need you to tell me the truth."

"About what?" He asked, jumping back onto his bed.

"About what happened when you supposedly went to the toilet." I told him. He froze.

"I just got reminded of something." He began. I nodded for him to go along. "I walked past this girl and she smelt like Helena that's all. It just reminded me of when I used to hug her. That's what I didn't want to tell you."

"You could've just told us, Theo." I replied, softly. I had a smile on my face as he shrugged.

"I don't know why I didn't. I just wanted to keep it to myself for a while." He replied. He scratched the back of his neck.

Wait, is he lying? He only scratches his neck when he lies.

I scrunched my face and nodded. "Is that it?" I asked. He instantly nodded.

Helena's POV:

I got to my college dorm and got ready to go to the hotel. I know Zuko has a tracking device on my phone and car so I was going to need to find a way to get to the hotel without them.

My phone started ringing. It was Zuko so I quickly answered.

"How was your first day at Padella?" He asked.

"Uh, very busy." I told him.

He chuckled. "Well you'd expect that, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah."

"Are you at your dorm?" He asked.

"Yeah, I came back from work like 20 minutes ago. I'm just finishing of my assignments before bed." I told him.

"Good. I don't want to be paying your education for nothing if you didn't do your work."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah I know."

"Okay good, just to let you know, I need you to watch the house this week because I'm going to be in Florida for a meeting and family meet ups. I don't want to hear any ruckus, do you understand?"

"Yeah, I understand."

"Switch to FaceTime. I want to see how you've decorated your room."

Or you want to see that I'm in my room.

"Okay." I said switching to FaceTime.

"It's a bit bland." He said.

"That's because I haven't settled in yet. I'm going to decorate on Saturday."

I watched as he walked through the airport. I could see the signs behind him.

"Okay good. I'll call you tomorrow. I better see a new TV when I get back, Linnaea." He said.

"You will. Don't worry."

"Good. I'll call you tomorrow." He told me.

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

"Bye." I waved back ending the call.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. This is going to be a lot easier then I thought.