Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)

I stood in front of the microwave trying to hold my evil laugh from bursting out.

"Is he coming yet?" My best-friend elongated the e like a three year-old.

I was truly enjoying this.

"Stop trying to hide your stupid smirk and just call the bloke already!" Hugh propped on one elbow completely annoyed at me.

I burst out laughing as the microwave beeped. Grabbing the popcorn bag, I turned to look at Hugh with an evil sparkle on my eyes.

Hugh rolled his eyes and snatched the popcorn to pour them in the glass bowl he had had in front on him.

He was annoyed.

Like really annoyed.

He'd been asking me for the last twenty minutes since he arrived to tell him every little detail on Scott, but I just wanted to see his face when he walked through the door. That's why I made the popcorn, I was planning to seat on the sofa and pretty much enjoy the show.

I laughed evilly in my mind. This was so much fun!

Gloating, I grabbed the bowl and took a seat on my sofa. Right in front of the door. As I smiled and pretty much enjoyed his scowling, I couldn't help but notice that there was something off about him.

I tilted my head trying to figure it out. Hugh looked as handsome as always. Completely fashion like, with his dark denim jeans, white t-shirt and a grey scarf around his neck. He grabbed the remote control and started to change channels without actually looking at the TV.

"Hugh, is everything all right?"

He snorted, "No. There's nothing on the telly right now. You are not telling me anything. And your mystery guy is late" He checked his watch, "for five minutes now."

"He's British, I assume, so he should be punctual..." he muttered.

I rolled my eyes, "you know what I mean."

His grey eyes stared at me for a moment before going back to the TV. "Hugh..." I pressed on.

Hugh shook his head, "Nah-ha. You're not telling me, I'm most definitely not going to tell you anything..."

"What...are you like three?"

"Yep. That's me." He nodded.

"Oh come on..." I rolled my eyes. AGAIN.

"You first, Missy!" He was still not looking at me. He finally settled on watching a really disgusting show about bugs or something like that.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, again. Sighing, I placed the bowl on the floor, since the whole house was pretty much empty. I thought about it for a second, before saying casually, "you already know him."

I smiled at that. It wasn't a lie. He did know him, so I'm pretty sure that his mind started to race a mile a minute, because he left his hand suspended in mid-air, as frozen.

"Is he my cousin?!" Hugh screeched in a high pitch voice.

I burst out laughing again, "Hugh you're such a girl!"

He scowled at me. He might be gay, but he was far from resembling one. And he hated those kinds of innuendos. Although he knew that I didn't mean it like that.

"And he's not." I added between laughs.

After a minute or so, when I calmed down, I stated, "your turn."

Hugh stomped on the floor like a little kid, "you're so unfair."

Unfazed, I grabbed the bowl again and offered to him before popping a popcorn in my mouth, "your turn, mister!"