Chapter I: Act VI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Xiao
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(Y/n) messed with his (H/c) locks, trying his best to get rid of the knots that decided to pop up rudely.

The blindfold was starting to slip off which the child didn't seem to notice when he was walking up the staircase that sat in the middle of Wangshu Inn.

Releasing how a heavy sigh of disappointment while wincing quietly as a finger got snagged onto one of those said knots.

"Why do knots have to exist?" He angrily mumbled with a frown slipping onto his lips.

The (H/c)ette was glad to feel the gentle fresh breeze of wind that ruffled his already messy hair, enjoying the coolness of it.

Just several hours ago he and Richie were soaked but now the said (H/c)ette was dressed up in something for comfortable after taking a quick fifteen-minute wash as well.

Richie was currently hanging out with Goldet, snoozing comfortably right beside the desk.

Grumbling underneath his breath, (Y/n) walked over to the railing and leaned up against it.

With another breeze of air, the blindfold came slipping off of (Y/n)'s face causing him to freeze up in fear. "No. No. No." He whispered out in horror while reaching out for the fallen blindfold; failing to retrieve it due to it drifting off.

(E/c) eyes widened in fear when their owner was met with the sun's rays that beamed right upon him.

'Shit!' (Y/n) thought. Even though he didn't like his birth mother, it was kinda the only thing he had left remaining; since the dead Anemo vision was currently useless.

(Y/n)'s once outstretched hand now laid limply against the railing and frowned heavily.

Tensing up, (Y/n) could feel someone appearing right behind him. Looking in the corner of his eyes, he made eye contact with golden amber hues that gazed at him quietly.

"I..." (Y/n) trailed off in worry, his (E/c) hues wide in horror.

The Yaksha stared at the (E/c) eyes that glimmered brightly despite them dancing about with worry and horror.

The (H/c)ette stayed tensed as he watched the Yaksha take in his figure as if trying to figure out what he was.

"Who... are you?" The Yaksha asked bluntly, staying away from the child with arms crossed over his chest.

(Y/n) darted his eyes to the ground and clenched his hands into a fist. "(Y/n)," he answered quietly but loud enough for the other to hear him.

The Yaksha stayed quietly, a stern gaze staying upon the (H/c)ette's figure.

The Conqueror of Demons could easily tell that this was the child that sat up here during certain times of the day, but surprisingly, the said child's blindfold was no longer on his face.

(Y/n) fidgeted underneath the Yaksha's stern gaze, not knowing what to do or say since he knew that the other wasn't even supposed to be around him for a long time.

The Yaksha stayed quiet, before lifting his gaze towards the sky.

A small gulp was heard as (Y/n) swallowed quietly. "Um... can you please not say anything to Goldet?" He asked quietly, hoping that the other wouldn't say anything to his adopted mother which he had come to terms with.

If the Yaksha had heard his question, he probably ignored it since the male had a blank look on his face.

(Y/n) looked down. "I should leave, you look like you don't want me anywhere near you," he mumbled.

'Stop glaring at me!' (Y/n) mentally cried, hating the fact that one of his favorite characters was glaring at him despite holding a look of disinterest.

Before (Y/n) could leave, the other finally spoke up.

"If you're awake with a knife at your throat, if monsters dig their claws into you, if death comes knocking at your door, call out my name. Adeptus Xiao. I will be here when you call." The Yaksha, Xiao, finally said.

'He said it! He said the line!' (Y/n) thought.

The realization then seemed to hit the child. 'Hold the fuck up. His he... the one and ONLY Xiao used to my presence? Fuck!' (Y/n) thought in horror.

He didn't want this. He wanted to at least wait a bit longer before he had Xiao's protection, but nope!

(Y/n) turned to look at Xiao and gave a small smile, "It's nice to meet you, Xiao." He greeted.

Xiao just nodded his head in silence before disappearing somewhere.

Probably just fighting monsters like usual that surrounded both Wangshu Inn and Liyue Harbor.

(Y/n) fell to his knees and released a breath of relief, surprised that he had a chance to speak to Xiao.

"And I just had to get his protection too... damn it." (Y/n) mumbled in disappointment with furrowed brows.

(E/c) eyes stared at their owner's (S/c) hands quietly before realization struck them.

'Well, shit! Where the fuck am I supposed to get a blindfold? Unless... no, not yet.' (Y/n) mused with a disappointed look swimming onto his face.

He could either walk down the stairs to Goldet, just to have her find out he could see this whole time and get scolded.

Getting back up onto his feet, (Y/n) turned to look back up at the sky that was starting to become orange. (E/c) eyes reflected off of the orange colors that brightened the soon-to-be night sky.

"But I still wonder why his karma didn't seem to act up in my presence? Is it because I'm from another world entirely or is it because of me being half-elf and being originally from Khaenri'ah? Hmm..." (Y/n) hummed lowly with a thoughtful look.

"If I'm right, Crepus dies in about nine years which also means that Kaeya's little secret gets to be told. I should be fourteen by then, Kaeya sixteen, and Diluc eighteen. Fucking hell, why is math so difficult?" (Y/n) grumbled.

'I miss using echolocation to figure out where I'm at in this building while technically knowing this building like the back of my hand because of how many times I did a side quest here.' (Y/n) mentally sighed before deciding to head back inside.

There must be some reason why they were brought to this world after death. Did Celestia have some sort of play in it? Or was there something else?

"Too many questions, I'll figure this stuff out in the morning. I would rather sleep than fry up my brain for possible theories."

Tomorrow was just going to be a normal day like usual, or so he thought.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝