⁰⁶. 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐚

''  ᵘⁿᵉˣᵖᵉᶜᵗᵉᵈ ᶦⁿᵗᵉʳʳᵒᵍᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿˢ ᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵗᵉᵃ ''

The following morning, Vincenzo found Yuri curled up on the sofa in the living room once again. He had gone there to inspect where the rustling noise was coming from only to find one of the windows wide open, curtains billowing due to the wind. It was only after he had closed the window and turned to leave that he noticed the young woman snuggled into the sofa's armrest, frowning and shivering lightly.

She has a nice bedroom with a perfectly comfortable bed, so why does she insist on sleeping here? he wondered while frowning at her sleeping form. Why does she choose this sofa, of all things, as her place of rest?

After failing to find the answer to his question, Vincenzo sighed and went to fetch the blanket that he had used the last time that this had happened. He covered Yuri with it, trying to be careful with his actions so as to not wake her. Clearly he wasn't as careful as he could have been because she stirred and let out a low whine, causing him to freeze in place. 

"Mr Cassano?" the honey-haired female mumbled sleepily. Her eyes remained closed, but one of her hands blindly searched for him and soon grabbed onto the hem of his black blazer.

Vincenzo hummed quietly in response, fixing the blanket and straightening up as much as he could while she continued to hold onto him.

"Goin' work?"

He hummed again.

Yuri sighed sleepily, her eyebrows drawing into a frown. "'M sorry...should help you get ready...but just..." she sighed again, "So tired..."

"I can get ready on my own," Vincenzo replied, "I do not need you to help me. You can rest."

Frown deepening, Yuri let out a noise of disagreement. "Good wife helps...must be good wife to Mr Cassano...must help...

She struggled to tear her eyes open and sleepily blinked up at her frowning husband for a moment while gathering enough energy to sit up. Once she finally made a move, however, she was gently pushed back down and tucked in once again.

"Rest," Vincenzo insisted. 

As much as he didn't trust her and wasn't too thrilled at the idea of having to get along with her, he still felt compelled to look out for her in that moment. He had seen enough of people working themselves past the point of exhaustion and he didn't want this young woman to suffer the same fate as them.