LXXII - Susannah

"Good morning, Y/n." A happy Susannah walks into my room.

I sit up in bed quickly, waking up.

"I- I'm up!" I say in a raspy voice.

Susannah laughs.

My face drops into worry, "Am I late?"

"No, you're fine, Honey."

I let out a breath.

"Ready for your big day?" She asks, sitting next to me.

"Not at all." I shake my head.

"Oh, yes, you are." She whispers encouragingly.

"What if I trip?" I hold my head in my hands.

"You won't." She assures. "Just hold on to Jeremiah's arm. He won't let you fall."

"That's true." I laugh softly.

"You know, I still can't believe you got him to go. He swore up and down he'd never go to one of these things." She says.

"The things we do for love." He jokes, leaning into the doorframe.

"Out!" Susannah laughs.

I throw a pillow at him and laugh.

He runs out.

"It's true; he'd do anything for you." She tucks some hair behind my ear lovingly.

I shake my head with a smile, a blush growing.

"Is everything okay?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Did I, push you into this? Y- you can tell me the truth." She says, smile fading.

"No, Susannah. I mean- yes, I thought deb balls were dumb. But, I'm actually glad you asked me." I smile.

"We don't have to go tonight if you don't want to, okay?" She assures.

"I want to go." I smile and take her hand.

She pulls her forehead up to mine with the brightest smile.

"I love you so much, beautiful girl."

"I love you, Susannah."

She pulls back quickly and fans her eyes, making me laugh.

"Okay, when they go to take your photo make sure to say 'prune'. It'll make your cheekbones look devine." She shows.

"Prune." I joke.

"Prune." She repeats. "Just an old trick I learned from Madonna. Or was it the Olsen twins?"

"The Olsen twins." I nod.

She nods. "Right. Okay, meet me downstairs! There's a surprise for you!"

I look back towards my closet, the dress we got hanging up.

When the moms, Belly, and I went shopping for deb dresses we found my dream dress. Unfortunately, it was too big. So we settled for the one hanging in my room.

Don't get me wrong, it's still nice. But a piece of my heart will always be with that other dress.

 But a piece of my heart will always be with that other dress

(your current dress)