christmas reunion

(y'all this was written 𝖾𝗑𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗅𝗒  a year ago so in 2021🧍🏻‍♀️)

"STELLA." Her mother scolded. "Stop fussing with your hair. And sit a little bit straighter."

Stella Holland, our basic main character that has a bad relationship with her whole family, resisted the urge to roll her eyes and not snap at her mother.

She had been sent home by Dumbledore

He'd forced her to go home. Said, "they won't dare to go there. Not now..." and then McGonagall gave her a list of rules to follow while she stayed home.

Rules. Who the fuck follows rules from school while they're home?

"Eleanor," her father warned. Robert had a great sense of mind. He could see the cord between his wife and daughter straining.

Every day their relationship weakened. Stella liked to think it was because she didn't allow her mother to push her around.

"First you throw me out when I'm fourteen, and then I move back in, and just months after you kick me out to a magical school that's trying to kill me."

Her adoptive mother stopped placing the utensils on the table and gave Stella a sharp gaze.

"Do not forget who you are, Stella." She said. "You are my daughter, and I am still your mother."

Stella snorted. "As if. I'm adopted. I think it's you who should remember who I am." She pulled out her wand. "And how normal you are."

Stella rarely had these outbursts. Moments, where her stare could kill you and her voice, turned condescending and threatening. These were when Robert and Eleanor tried not to shit their pants.

Her parents zeroed in on the wand as if they couldn't believe a small and thin thing like that could hurt them.

"Put that away. And stop this nonsense." Eleanor chided. "We have visitors coming, act on your best behavior."

Stella stormed out of the kitchen and up to her room. The audacity they had to treat her like that👹

She called the group chat and waited for them to answer.

"What's up?" Eli answered first. He kept turning his head as if he was expecting something to appear.

Abraham's face appeared on the screen. He was arguing with Leo's youngest sister, Amelia.

"C'mon, drink it, Ham."

"No!" He said, the camera close to his face. "I am not drinking that poisonous drink!"

"It only has gummy worms, a tad of bleach, and a cherry on top. Your favorite!" She said.

"No! God, no!"

Leo finally joined the call, his Walmart mask covering his face.

"Coldwell! This is your last warning, stop telling customers that you don't work here and you just have the uniform!"

Leo rolled his eyes. "Abraham, tell my sisters I'm coming home early."

"No, you're not!" His coworker said. "We need you on line 17."

"Stella? Why'd you call?" Eli asked.

His bruises were just fading. He had gotten a beating from Snape and hadn't wanted to talk about it. Stella tried to understand, but her concern overwhelmed her ability to not pry.

She sighed, bringing the blanket over her head. "My mother. She is being extreme with me."

"Remember what McGonagall said. No emotional outbursts." He reminded.