|41|

"It all started fifteen years ago... When I went to the tunnel and Lumiera and her husband, Miguel crafted my death." Ludevica started her story while sipping a cup of coffee while everyone is listening to her.

Huminga muna ng malalim si Ludevica at tsaka nagsalita ulit habang sila ay nakatingin ng maigi sa kanya. "I was in a deep coma for eight years ever since that accident happened. Lumiera and Miguel really thought that I am dead by then but when they learn that I am still breathing, they immediately isolated me in that island for their future purposes." diwa ng ina ni Luca. Napansin niya rin na unti unting tumutulo ang luha ng ina ni Deckard na si Devina kaya't yinakap ito ng asawa niya.

"After years I woke up from the eight-year coma, I escaped from that island because I thought I got to see my daughter again... But Lumiera and Miguel caught me and start blackmailing me to either imprisoned myself on the island or murder my only daughter. So I did stay there until you went to that island and freed me."

Sa sanaysay na yon, nadurog ang puso ni Luca dahil sa mga sakripisyo na ginawa ng ina niya para sa kanya...

Her mom would literally do anything to her daughter and it made her sad because she never once admired her mother for being cautious. She only admired the things that she accomplished but not the traits that her mother have.

"M-Ma..."

"Hush... I'm here now. Everything is done with Lumiera, Lorna and Miguel, we are finally free." Hawak-kamay na sabi ng ina niya pero kahit anong patahan pa nito, hindi parin niya tanggap ang naging kapalaran ng ina niya.

That was just very cruel and inhumane for a person that goes through that, especially when it comes to her relatives.

Deckard is indeed right, blood isn't really thicker than oil...

"H-How about you and Antoine? what is your relationship?" Luca skeptically said again while nakamasid sa dalawa nang naka-holding hands na ngayon at para bang hindi na nila kaya pang bitawan ang sarili.

Kailangan niya rin nga explanation regarding this no, she how her mother was devastated by every lover she had, and now, she looks like she is dating somebody who looks like a womanizer.

Yes, you read it right. Antoine really did look like a womanizer for her as he was still good-looking and unmarried all his life which is suspicious because, with a handsome face like that, he could grab any lady from a fine young woman to somebody who is the same age as him.

"We met during college where we both studied at Yale. We both got into a relationship for almost four years until we both decided to break up when Antoine's father wants to let him focus on their family business while my parents wants me to marry Miguel Rosales. I admit I did fall for Miguel and you, Luca was the outcome of my love for Miguel but he cheats with Lumiera and they also had a daughter together. But two and a half decades later, I and Antoine saw each other again while I'm on a run against Lumiera and Miguel. He helped me by letting me stay at his mansion in Monaco and spoiling me with his wealth while he was almost in the Philippines pretending to be Deckard's butler when he was Arkadi's consigliere. But that did not last long though, Lumiera founds out about where I was and tried to blackmail him using both me and Deckard. That's why he betrayed his friend, Arkadi."

Lumiera was more inhumane than she thought. She was this close to forgiving her family back then but hearing what her mother had gone through all these years... She just wants to kill her over and over again.

Luca then felt warm arms wrapping around her in the middle of her cries. It was Deckard who was hugging her from behind and kissing her in front of everyone without shyness and the feeling that they might be showing too much public display of affection.