always have

A/N: i was listening to Mary by Alex G and it inspired me to write this lolol. But please leave suggestions yall.🫶

THANK YOU FOR 14K READS!

ages:18
944 words

Today was the day. Robins family had moved away sometime during freshman year, because his mother had gotten a good job in another state. But now, both of the boys were seniors. Finney and Robin had called eachother, and even wrote to eachother everyday since Robin had moved.

Today was the 3rd day of summer break, and also the day Robin was coming home. Robin was going to come back to visit the entire summer, and he was going to stay at his uncles house. Yeah, it did suck they only had the summer to spend with eachother before going to college but that's ok, they were just happy to finally be able to see eachother again.

Finney was heading to Robins uncles house because Finney wasn't able to meet him at the airport. Finney was terrified. He didn't know what the other boy looked like at all. What if Robin made fun of how Finney looked?

Finney was basically the same. but changed in many ways. He shot up to about 5'10 in sophomore year, and he still had the same hairstyle just more grown out and less curly. His face structure grew more mature and sharper. But it was still the same old Finney inside. He wondered if Robin was still the same old Robin.

He got to the address he was given and took a deep breath, knocking on the door. A few seconds later a older man opened the door, Robins uncle. The man just smiled at Finney and greeted him, letting him in. "Robins room is down the hall, he's unpacking right now. Have fun." The man said, walking out the front door, and leaving.

Finney just stood in the hallway, palms sweaty. He shook his head to get rid of all the bad thoughts circling in his head, and started walking towards Robins room. He stood infront of the closed door and knocked twice. "Who is it?" Robin shouted, from inside the room. "It's me Rob.." Finney said, smiling. Finney heard the other boy scrambling around, seeming to be panicking, which made Finney feel not so alone on how he was feeling himself.

The door swung open and they were face to face. They both immediately blushed from nervousness and embarrassment. Robin looked Finney up and down, checking him out. "Damn Finney blake, you're cute." Robin says, smirking. Well, his personality is definitely the same, cocky and confident.

Finney just gave him a unamused face. "yeah yeah, whatever." Finney says. "You gonna let me in or not?" Finneys asks, awkwardly. "Oh uh yeah." Robin moves out of the way, letting Finney in. Finney looks around. It was pretty empty considering he was only going to be here for the summer. There was a shit ton of clothes on the floor tho. "So, Finney Blake, what's been happening?" Robin asks.

Finney turns around to look at the boy, and he really looks. Robin was about the same height as him, maybe a inch taller. He ditched the bandana and just had his hair pulled back into a loose ponytail, his hair was also curlier, and longer going to his middle back. His style changed too, he was wearing a sleeveless band shirt and jeans ripped at the knees, with some dirty white converse. His face was more defined, and sharper. He looked so good, beautiful even.

"Helloooo, earth to Finn.." Robin says, snapping Finney out of his staring trance. "Huh? oh, everything's been the same. Dad got better with his drinking and Gwen is at the top of her class. I've just been well..living i guess." Finney says, sitting on the edge of Robins bed. Robin joins him on the bed.

"What do you mean by "living?" Robin asks, putting his head on Finneys shoulder. Finney tenses under the contact but relaxes a few seconds later. "It's just been boring and dull since you left. Only friends i really have are Bruce and Donna, but we barely talk because they've been busy with college shit. I guess you're just that important in my life.." Finney says, resting his head on Robins.

Robins hand slips into Finneys intertwining their fingers, before bringing his hand up to his mouth, kissing Finneys knuckles. "I've felt the same, you know, about you being really important in my life. I really missed you Finney." Robin says taking his head off of Finney shoulder to look at him.

Finney looks over at him and gives Robin a soft smile. Robin returns the smile, and gets up tugging Finney up by their intertwined hands. Robin brings Finney into a hug, wrapping his arms around the others waist, Finney wrapping his around the other neck. They stood there together just holding eachother, glad to be close to one another again.

Finney took his head off of Robins shoulder and leaned back a bit, looking at the others face softly. "I love you Robin..always have." Finney says, looking into Robins dark brown eyes. Robin just smiles, like a love sick puppy. "I love you too Finn..I always have." Robin says, leaning in and pressing their lips together. Finney sighs into the kiss, and melts in Robins arms.

Robin pulls away after a bit and opens his eyes. "i've been wanting to do that ever since I met you Finney Blake." He says. Finney just laughs, bringing their lips together again. They would make the most of this before they would have to part ways again.

may have mistakes 🫶