twenty-four - photoshoot

I spent the next week or so recording and finalizing my album, hanging out with Austin nearly every evening, and seeing Olivia a few times. I met my manager and everything is prepared for the album release, the only thing I still have yet to do is shoot some promo pictures and the cover art.

The plan for today is to finish my packing for France, go to the album photoshoot, meet Austin there, then get on the plane. The only issue is, I am the worst over-packer of all time. I have nearly 20 outfits set out, though we're only going for a week and I have styled outfits from Sandra for the majority of the days we will be there.

I finally am able to narrow down my options and am heading out the door, on the way to the album photoshoot. After a quick drive, I'm there and getting my makeup done and hair styled. People are putting me in so many different outfits to try on.

I'm lying in the fake grass, posing in different outfits, for cameras at all different angles.

I move to a backdrop with the album name written all over it, and take more photos in multiple outfits there. Then, I notice Austin standing across the room and I wonder how long he's been here.

"What do you think?" I ask Austin, pointing to the album name with a smile on my face.

He pulls me into a hug, "I think I love it," he grins and kisses me. My hands are on the back of his neck when we suddenly hear the cameras flashing and photographers telling us to pose. I giggle since this obviously wasn't the original plan for today, but I'm happy to capture this moment.

Since I'm done shooting for the album, after a few pictures of Austin and I are taken, the two of us walk to my dressing room and Austin jokes, "What inspired you to give the album this name?"

I tap my temple and pretend to think, "Hmmmmm. I'm not sure just this guy I had some fun with one night. He was pretty cool, you'd like him." I look up at him.

"Yeah, I bet," he says, walking into my dressing room and pulling out his phone. "Can I post this?" He shows me a picture he took of me laying on the grass. He must've been here much longer than I thought he was. The thought of him taking pictures of me heats up my cheeks, but I say yes, as long as he doesn't reveal the album name.

Once I've got my clothes back on the hangers they were originally on, I say goodbye to the crew that helped today, get some rough cuts of pictures, and Austin and I are on our way to the airport.