16. care

Xavier
Me and Darren walk up to the receptionist "my sister in law was brought here,her name is Elara Romero," Darren says tapping his knuckle on the desk. She takes a long ass look at Darren's attire before looking at me and saying "she's in ward 5,room 3M."

Ward 5 is the same where mum was taken and where dad was pronounced dead,this is our ward,the Morreti ward. I tell Darren to go in to Elara's room "I need to do something." He goes and I go to the child unit. I go in and if emptiness had a smell I smelt it in that room. It said 'child unit' on the door but when I walked in the only resemblance it showed was to a grave not a friendly place. I called
the manger of the hospital who arrives promptly.

"Yes,sir," he asks his voice quivering. "I need you to renovate this room make it appropriate for children,with at least 6 beds." I tell him and he looks at the nurses that are with him "pardon me sir but how do you expect us to fund this?"
"I'll pay,email one of my workers the price and I'll pay it but if you fuck this up,I know where your sons live." I warn him before walking out. I pass Elara's room debating whether I should go in or not. If I go in it means I care,that I love her. I can't love her.

Darren turns his head and sees me looking through the door window,he gets up and opens the door. I look at Elara,her usual olive tone has turned yellow,her hands are blue. Why are her hands blue? I sit next to her, Darren and Sienna look at eachother before Sienna says "ill check with the doctor," she leaves. Im completly focused on Elara,its been half an hour why hasnt she woken up? Her arms are above the duvet.Shell get cold.I tuck her arms under the duvet and adjust it so its completly covered. "Darren," he hums in response, "i think im in love with her," I confess with no hesitation. "You what?" he asks now paying attention. "I'm in love with Elara ,I've fallen for her," I admit it finally. He beams showing his white teeth and says "welcome to the club, your whole perceptive of life will change," he says slapping my back. I look at him confused "in a good way don't worry, I'm going she'll be fine,"he says leaving me with Elara.

She moves her hand and places in next to mine.When i notice i quickly call for the doctor. He rushes to the room and checks her vitals before finally saying "she should wake up momentarily but we'll keep her overnight." He leaves and I hold onto Elara's hand. My phone rings but i silence it. "You should answer it," a voice says and i look around before the voice says again "here cupcake." I look at Elara and see herhazel eyes open and I dont know what to do.My girl is awake. I touch her face thinking im seeing things but no,its real. "Kiss me," she says "oh i was waiting to," I say bringing my face to hers and kissing her.

Elara
I could hear him.
When he told Darren he loves me I heard him. Do I feel the same way? I hate myself for this but i dont. I have feelings for him but i don't think those are love. "Come,sit." i say patting the space next to me on the bed. He positions himself next to me and runs his hands across my robes,then tighening his arms around me,hugging me. I melt,crumble and discombobulate into a thousnand peices. Not so dangerous now.

"Elara," he says my name but i shake my head "call me El." He smiles and places a kiss on my forehead and continues "El,why did you do it?" I look at him.
"Do what?"
"You didn't eat for an entire day and although I'm the reason your here you not eating is the bigger problem." He thinks this is his fault.

"It's not your fault,Xavier,it's not your fault I was being stubborn and stupid non of this is your fault," I tell him sitting up and cupping his face in my hands. "I always get what I want,"I tell him and he smiles "and you always will but don't do reckless shit to achieve it just ask me and I'll give you everything,the whole world," at this I smile. "Thank you,for being here and for being a teddy bear when I need it," I say to him and he shakes his head "shut up,idiot."
I dramatically stab my heart with my fist "my heart's broken how dare you!" He looks at me like what the fuck and we both burst into laughter.

He stops laughing first and asks me again "why didn't you eat El?" He's going to overuse 'El.' I take a deep breath before telling him "you know how I always get what I want I also get rid of the things I hate,in this case it's feeling full," he looks at me attentively "but that's not just it,when I was younger after my mum died I had no female role,the only females I knew were Alice and the women that used to visit my dad and they all had slim bodies and I felt like I had to look like that . So I stopped eating three meals a day and ate one."

Once I've finished explaining he says "Elara you are so fucking beautiful," he tells me and for the first time I partly believe it. I believe that I'm sort of pretty. He made me feel pretty. A tear falls from my cheek and he catches it. "Don't,because I'll break if you cry," he says and pull him close to me. He made me feel pretty. I lay next to him my head on his chest and his arms around my waist. During the night he whispers things like "your beautiful,every inch of you," "you are worth it all," I swear I've never slept that peacefully ever.

I open my eyes and standing at the front of my bed is Faye,Sienna,Darren,Ares and my baby Mateo. Mateo runs to me and I pick him up. Mateo shakes his dad trying to wake him up. He does it again and Xavier swears "piss off you ugly bastard," I slap his back and he sits up,he sees the commotion he's caused looking at Mateo who's in tears. He ruffles Mateos brown curly hair "I'm sorry bud," he says and Mateo laughs through his tears "piss off."

Darren and Ares laugh "wait till he calls a teacher that," Ares says laughing. Mateo points at Ares "ugly bastard," I raise my eyebrows and start smiling. This time Ares is quiet and the rest of us laugh at Ares.

35k AAAAA
—> —>