Chapter 17

Chloe's POV.

Her house is quiet. I thought to myself. Too quiet.

Compared to mine, it's just the same as hers but for some reason... this place feels darker.

When you open the door and come in it looks like your ordinary house. The standard living room where the television is mounted on the wall and a couch in front of it.

The standard kitchen and dining table with 3 chairs, the standard lighting the neutral colors of gray and white.

But why does it feel like there's something else?

"Why did you help me?" Her question pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Well..." I started, I looked at her for a second and then continued to clean, "I really wanted to be your friend, even if you don't like me that much."

She blushed and I found it cute, "I'm sorry...I'm just... I wasn't used to Tori's attention not on me."

I looked at the stained white cloth I was using and smiled to myself before putting my attention to her, "Don't worry about me. When we met, Tori always talked about you and I'm just here to help you both."

"Thank you." She said softly with a smile on her face.

Oh to have a friend like Tori.

Even with a huge scratch on her forehead and bruises on her body, she looked ethereal.

I heard a car beep outside her house.

"That's my ride." I said.

"Okay."

I walked outside but before I closed the door, I looked back, "like Tori said, you know no one's better than you."

Oh to have a friend like Tori.

Downstairs I met with her dad.

"Who are you?"

"Chloe, sir!" I smiled, "Elizabeth's classmate, she had a bunch of girls jump-"

"Ah." He chuckled. "Kids nowadays, getting into fights." He scratched the back of his head and patted my shoulder.

I felt a shiver down my spine.

I looked up at him and he smiled at me. "It's almost 7pm, your parents are probably looking for you."

My gut tells me I should go.

"Miss, is everything alright?" Gerard opened the door for me.

"Yeah." Something's going on with that guy. "Background check on Elizabeth Collins' Dad."

"Who's that?" He put on his seatbelt and started the car.

"Just someone."