Chapter 31

"Cat got your tongue?" Morro asked.

"That's enough, Morro," Lloyd said.

"Ha! You're just another clone, aren't you?" Morro stated, "Lloyd would've retorted back at that."

Lloyd turned back to Garmadon, ignoring Morro. More darkness flowed out of Garmadon, forcing him to cry out.

"Stop it, Lloyd!" Misako said, calling out. "There's no need to hurt your father like this. Pin all the blame you want on me. But please, don't hurt him."

More and more dark matter flowed, causing Garmadon to feel more and more pain. It became increasingly painful to watch. Soon, the dark matter began to turn purple, and Garmadon's pain subsided. Or rather, transferred.

"It looks like Lloyd stopped," Blue said, looking out from his cage. "Although, he's starting to seem weird now."

"I'm just glad all that screaming is gone," Black said. "I was getting all sorts of shivers."

"Is that what he's going to do to us?" Water asked.

"I doubt it," White said. "It looked more like he was absorbing it than releasing it. Although, if dark matter was killing him, why would he absorb it?"

"Hey, look," Skylor pointed.

OG walked over to Lloyd. Lloyd stood bent over in front of his unconscious father as he absorbed the strange purple matter coming from him.

"It looks like they're saying something," Morro said to the ninjas. "Kai. Your white ninja is a robot, right?"

"Yes?" Red answered, suspicious. "What do you want with a member of my team, Morro?"

"Nothing," He answered slyly, "I was just wondering if he had an in-built speaker or something. I'd like to know what they're talking about."

"He does have something like that, but why should we lend it to you?"

"I don't mind us all using it," White said, "The issue would be placing a mic where they are."

"Leave that to me," Morro volunteered.

Red looked at Morro skeptically before sighing. "Fine. Set up a mic hidden near the two."

White opened a compartment in his arm and took out a mini earpiece.

"Handle with care," White said, handing it over to Morro.

Morro took the earpiece and, without warning, threw it. The ninjas looked at him wide-eyed.

"You threw it?!" They exclaimed.

"Shh," Skylor said, whispering. "Morro is just like you guys. He's an elemental."

"That doesn't explain why he just threw it," Red stated.

"Also," Blue said, "What's an elemental?"

It was Morro and Skylor's turn to stare wide-eyed.

Suddenly, they heard some radio static. Everyone turned to White, who seemed to be fiddling with the buttons on his arm.

"chhhh -sure you're- chhhh-"

"Can you get it working, White?" Black asked.

"I'm just about done," White said. "Here we go."

"I keep telling you. I'm going to be just fine. It's taking a toll on my body but not as bad as we expected."

"That doesn't make things better. What of plan C?"

"I can't tell who's talking," Water said. "Their voices are too similar."