Chapter 4: River

Chapter 4: River

She kept her guard up for a few days and somehow couldn't keep her cool for long. Clay kept acting weird and asking her if she was okay. She tried to throw him off but having sex or saying she had errands to run.

Today she just wanted to clean and relax.

After hours of scrubbing clean her home, she finally sat on her big comfy couch and threw her feet up on the coffee table. Louisa knew she was tired but she kept pushing through the nausea and fatigue to get shit done with her guard up to Clay.

She closed her eyes for a quick second.

A noise made her wake up from her nap that she didn't know she had fallen into. She swiped her mouth which held just a little bit of drool and then heard another noise.

"What's happening?", she whispered in a croaky tone.

With a yawn, she rolled over and then another loud thud made her jump up into panic mode. Panic mode for her was to hurry up and grab her gun from the lockbox in her closet. She quickly ran over to grab it.

Another loud noise and Louisa was grasping her .38 before putting a couple of bullets into the chambers.

"How do we fall in love?
Harder than a bullet can hit you...
How could we fall apart?
Faster than a hairpin trigger...
Don't you say, don't you say it
Don't say, don't you say it
One breath, it'll just break it..."

Louisa kept her back pressed against the wall as she went around the corner where she kept hearing noises coming from.

A man in a black ski mask made his way around and she raised her gun. She cocked the gun with a clear shot at the man.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?!", she yelled, tired but angry.

He lifted his own gun but she was quicker than him when she pulled the trigger just barely grazing him but causing him to drop his gun. He held onto his shoulder as she kept him in her sights.

"I'm calling the police!"

"No. We don't need to do all that," the man groaned out in pain.

"Oh yes, yes the fuck we do."

Louisa went to grab her phone but he grabbed her hand and the phone. She pulled away and punched him dead in the nose.

"Don't touch me, asshole," she snapped.

"You need to get out..."

She could barely understand him with his hand covering his nose and mouth. Her stomach began to turn as she realized that this wasn't just a random thing. The dread that she had been feeling was growing at this point.

"What?"

"He sent me to kill you. You know too much. I'm supposed to trash the house, take some things, and kill you. Make it look like a home invasion gone wrong," the man spilled as he pulled his ski mask up and realized he wasn't about to get over on her.

She gave him a hit like Mike Tyson in the nose and shot him in the arm. He could tell it wasn't a mistake that she grazed him by the way she looked when she stared at him. Her gaze was deadly.

"Who?"

But she already knew the answer to that question.

"Tales of an endless heart,
Cursed is the fool who's willing...
Can't change the way we are,
One kiss away from killing...
Don't you say, don't you say it,
Don't say, don't you say it...
One breath, it'll just break it,
So shut your mouth and run me like a river."

"Clay. He wants you dead," the man's face was visible and she could see his blue eyes and blond hair but she had never seen him around before.

She raised her gun with tears now flooding her eyes. The way that this was going wasn't in his favor or going to end well. Louisa felt so much anger and rage that when she pulled the trigger, she only felt numb as his body fell to the floor.

Hurrying to grab her things before the police were called, Louisa said a silent prayer to herself as she got into her car and drove away. She heard the sirens as she was turning the block but she knew that she couldn't look back.

"One rule, baby. Tell them nothing. Not your real name, always find a cash only job, no social and no real ID used, keep a low profile always," my mother spoke to me as we left the city limits.

She used to remind Louisa every time that they moved. Louisa's father found them somehow after the fifth year of them being on the run and put a bullet in her mother's heart. The teenage girl had come home to a crime scene for a home and immediately knew she had to run.

So she started over as Louisa Wallace, a retired nurse that went missing. She took the name and ran with it making sure to stay lowkey always.

This time she prayed she would be safe especially with a baby on the way.

"When will this shit end?", Louisa questioned as she passed the Welcome to Charming sign and floored it while rubbing her fluttering stomach. "First Daddy and now Clay. I just need to be shitty men free for the rest of my days."

She opened her glove box and pulled out an envelope. She needed to send out a letter for her new identity to the P.O. Box she sent up months prior to her moving to Charming. It was a contingency strategy that kept a key to a locker that held everything she needed to start over.

The tears had been piling up but this storm inside of her just made her so frustrated. She had to leave the home that she had become comfortable with cause of another ain't shit ass man. This time she would have to protect more than herself.

Author's Note:

From this point out, we will now be seeing things through the eyes of her daughter and our REAL main character.
I just wanted to give like a prelude into the actual story. Sorry if I confuse anyone but it's two part situation.

Love,
Your Author ✍️