𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓 → 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 ✨ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟐 ✨

Requested by @Fnafsl_su !!

🖤

Shadow sighed into a smile, something that would be a rare and somewhat shocking sight to cross his face. For once it felt genuine, and not in response to pride of power or completion of domination over an enemy like what would usually be the case.

It held a rounded shape rather than a sharpened smirk, glowing with true happiness instead of villainous triumph. It had been a long time since Shadow could admit he'd felt like this, and even then the joy wouldn't have held as much strength and prominence like it did now.

Everything still felt like a dream. It all seemed too good to be true. Never again would he believe he would be blessed with such an unimaginable change in his life. He didn't feel ready, and he didn't feel like he deserved this, but now it was happening before him he seemed to ease into this new life smoothly enough.

He felt like he had been travelling down a darkened tunnel, each wall engraved with words and thoughts that had broken him down over the last nine months with (Y/n) close by his side, inevitable light alive at the end. Remembering them, they sounded pathetic, all with what if, and recently, they had reached the end of that tunnel. All these fantasied problems and challenges fading into non-existence.

Shadow breathed beautifully through his smile, the alteration to his regularly grumpy expression feeling natural from what laid before him. An arm of his laced in blackened fur rested to the sleek ridge to the baby's crib, contrasting the ivory shade painting the wood.

He could feel the pressure that had lasted a while indenting his skin, but he didn't seem to notice, or care when he did from the ache digging into his arm from where the wood pressed into it. The elbow of his other arm balanced to its left, his hand holding his face grinning goofily at the cheek feeling ablaze from the smile's unexpected faculty.

Shadow's shimmering garnets admired the tiny child that laid in the crib before him, wriggling softly and squealing subtly. Late autumn nightfall casted hazy darkness through the open window just above, circulating fresh air around the room to provide a cool enough temperature for her small lungs to take in and out, but her presence blinded Shadow.

His daughter gazed up to him, their eyes keeping locked even when she kicked her legs so harshly it would ripple the movement through her body and toss it softly aside. Her tiny mouth gaped open in fascination, her even smaller fingers tracing inside with an odd squeak from the sudden jolts from her kicking legs.

Maria looked just like her father, with quills taking on the same smooth yet sharp shaping and similar blackened shade coating them. As only an infant, these quills appeared softer with less fur surrounding them and with a silkier texture. She adopted the same stunning crimson streaks across them just like Shadow, the hedgehog also grinning at her appearance transforming her into a miniature version of himself.

The only objection to this statement would be her eyes possessing mesmerising (e/c) of her mother's rather than the deepened red of her father's. It drew attention away from the rest of her tiny body, the colour amazingly bright against such a frail child. She held her fingers firmly in her mouth, still staring at Shadow with a wriggle from her softened knee to her delicate toes with the same scarlet streak from her tiny forearm up to her middle finger like his.

She was perfect, and insulated by a thickened layer of fuzzy material lightly stitched into clothing of the most veiled of pinks touching the brink of hazed white. It coated her whole body apart from her tiny hands and toes embedded in softened socks. The tiniest tufts of chest fur just like Shadow's poked out from where the baby suit buttoned up the front, but just a little at this stage.