Chapter 16: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 1)

In advance, I'm sorry that I have to recycle some things.

Current Day, Beacon Academy, 3rd Person POV

It was early in the morning when the older Vermilion brother stepped in front of the door to the dormitory of his little brother. Knocking on the door, Zure waited for an answer. No reaction. And so he tried it again this time a bit louder.

Zure: "Eclipse?"

He called for the name of his brother. 

Zure: "I come in now!"

Zure said opening the door to the room of Eclipse. Upon entering the room he saw his brother lying flat on his bed, utterly defeated. Next to him laid his scroll drained of all energy. 

Zure: "Eclipse? Wakey, wakey it's time for school :D"

Zure moved to his brother and began to shake him to wake him up. With a tired face, Eclipse began to wake up.

Eclipse: "Zure?"

Zure: "Good morning, sunshine! :D"

Zure: "Say where you awake the whole night?"

Eclipse: "Almost... Auntie Hime introduced someone to me who could help me understand more about my new powers... she talked and talked and talked without coming to an end until my scroll eventually shut down..."

Eclipse groggily responded almost falling asleep again.

Eclipse: "The weird thing is, I don't even require sleep anymore..."

Zure: "Well, anyway I must disappoint you but we have to go to... Goodwitch's punishment..."

Eclipse: "Oh no..."

And so Zure waited for his brother to dress accordingly for their classes, which was only combat class. After doing so, the two brothers made their way to the arena. On their way, several teams including RWBY, JNPR, and many more. All of them kept a specific distance from the brothers, which of course got noticed by them.

Eclipse: "Is there something wrong?"

Eclipse suddenly said turning around to face the other students. 

Ruby: "W-well yes, but I wouldn't say wrong..."

Weiss: "She means since when are you two like uhm-"

Jaune: "Brothers?"

Sun: "Yeah, uhm, we thought you hate your brother."

Eclipse looked at them, then at his brother before letting out a long sigh.

Eclipse: "While you were fighting the Herrscher of Domination, I talked with the consciousness of the Herrscher of Ice."

Jaune: "The Herrscher of Ice!?"

He said surprised and shocked just like the rest of the students.

Eclipse: "Yes. As you may remember my Semblance was never a Semblance, but just a small speck of the power of the Herrscher of Ice. The Core was merely not awakened. Long story short, the Herrscher of Ice scolded me and let me assimilate him to become a full Herrscher. And because of what he told me, I finally understood my brother and so we want to mend our relationship."

Jaune: "But, you are still..."

Eclipse: "A Herrscher? Yes. An evil one? No."

A collective "phew" was heard among the students as they were relieved to not fight another time against a similar entity that they had just recently fought.