81

The next couple days went back to normal. I would spend pretty much every moment alone or with the girls.

Colby was constantly gone and stressed when he was here. This ball was really making him nervous and I didn't like seeing him like that.

When he was nervous we all were nervous.

Today we were decorating the house for Christmas since we had nothing better to do.

Growing up I obviously never really had any Christmas decorations. One year my dad got us a Christmas tree but we couldn't afford any decorations for it.

The smell brought some Christmas spirit though.

"Sam! Can you help us?" Katrina asked as I sat on Devyn's shoulders, trying to get the star on the top of the tree.

"Yeah, oh my god. Julia, you just healed from a broken leg, let's maybe not break another bone." Sam said as he came into the room.

"Devyn is strong as fuck." I said as Sam helped me safely get off of her shoulders. "Yeah, I work out." She said and brushed her shoulders cockily.

"Yeah, what did you need help with?" Sam asked and looked over at Katrina. "We're all too short." She said and pouted her lip, pointing to the top of the tree we spent the past couple hours decorating.

"Let me help." He said then lifted her up with ease then got on the couch so Kat could put the star on top of the tree.

"It's perfect!" Stas said with a smile. "Didn't we do a good job, Sam?" Tara asked as we all admired our work.

"Yeah, this is your best work yet." Sam said as someone wrapped their arms around me from behind.

I wasn't expecting it so I yelped and flinched causing Colby to chuckle.

"Jesus, Jules." Colby said as I turned around. "You scared me." I said as he nodded. "Yeah, I assumed that much by the scream." He said with a laugh.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a smile. "My next task for the day involves you." He said as mh eyes widened slightly.

"That's scary." I said as he chuckled. "Not this time. We gotta get you a dress." He said then took my hand and led me out of the room.

"Oooo! I'm gonna look like a princess." I said as he nodded. "Yeah, you really will." He said then led the way out of the house.

"How fancy of a ball is this? I've never been to a ball. I don't even know what that really even means if we're being honest." I said as we walked to the car.

"It's gonna be pretty fancy. I've never been to a ball either and don't really know what to expect." Colby said with a sigh.

"You seem nervous about it." I said as we got in the car. "Yeah, I'm a little nervous. Mostly because of who invited us." He said and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Who is that?" I asked as he sighed. "Don't worry about it." He said as I rolled my eyes. "Jesus Christ, Colby. You are so annoying sometimes." I groaned and crossed my arms.

"I don't have to tell you anything." He said harshly. "Yeah, you fucking don't." I snapped.

"God damnit, Julia. Don't do this right now." Colby groaned as he started driving. "Don't do what!?" I yelled and looked over at him.

"Stop being a fucking bitch! You have your place with me but when I don't share things with you it's because you don't need to know. Now know your place." He growled.

"What's my place? Being your little sex toy!? Being someone you can have to hold at night? That's fucking it huh?" I asked angrily.

"Oh fuck off, Julia. You know you mean more to me than that." He groaned. "Do I?" I asked with tears in my eyes.