IX: I can feel you over here

3 months later

"Here's the financial report of the IT Department."

The marketing manager take a closer peek at the paper in her hand, then she furrowed to the employee in front of her.

"Why does Mr. Park have to lend me this report? And also, this is not for me to handle, read and understand. He could've just sent this to Mr. Jung instead."

"You know that Jin-young will do anything just to get your attention, Nayeon unnie. And for all of the things he could do, he's always ending up doing stupid things. Like this. Sending you the financial report instead of sending it to the finance manager." The younger one sighs as she takes a seat near the manager's desk.

A soft chuckle left Nayeon's mouth as she heard what the younger one said.

"By the way, Chaeyoung. Why did you send me this? You should be in school, right?" A hesitant nod came as a reply to Nayeon's question.

"I'm actually going to Seulgi unnie's office, but I happened to meet him on my way there. Then he gave me the papers and  told me to give them to you." Chaeyoung began fidgeting her fingers but not making any eye contact with the older one.

Well, what do we expect? As Nayeon has a meticulous trait running through her genes, she spotted those little actions of this little cub and concluded that the younger one is actually lying.

She then raised an eyebrow and stay silent. Chaeyoung seems to sense the silence of the older one so she lifts her head and looks up at Nayeon.

"Son Chaeyoung. You didn't answer my question."

"I did."

Nayeon's arms are now crossed. The silence stayed there until Chaeyoung can't sit there baring the absence of noise between them.

"Okay. I skipped school." The younger one stands up from her seat.

The bunny teeth girl just sighs and then takes a seat again.

"You seem to follow your sister's steps, hmm?" Nayeon shook her head in disbelief.

"Unnie~ please don't tell Seungwan unnie about this~" Chaeyoung shrugs all the heavy feelings about being caught skipping class and starts cooing to Nayeon.

After the begging session with the little cub, she won because Nayeon gave up on ignoring Chaeyoung. She agreed on staying quiet about the younger one's little mischievousness.

The lunch came and Nayeon's stomach is now growling on time. Because her starvation is not coming on time since she leaves New York.

Supposedly, she'll get hungry once the clock strikes to lunchtime, but, it never does after leaving the said city. She didn't notice it at first, but as time passed by, she finally set the seal on the meaning behind her stomach's quest.

For today, it's a miracle that she felt the hunger at lunchtime after three months. Although she didn't feel the hunger at lunch before, she's still eating even though she's not athirst of food at all. Luncheon will always be important to her.

She decided to come over to Wendy's office and ask to eat with her outside, but Seulgi politely declined because she was still busy with some office-works. They rarely get out of the building to eat, so they want to try out something new.