Giyuu x Reader (Part 1)

Relief flooded my body in thankful waves of pure bliss, my back resting in the soft grass.  Eyes shut and mind drifting I could've fallen asleep right then and there.  After a hard day's work I more than deserved it.  Chopping wood for Urokodaki was no easy task...especially when he had hidden all the axes beforehand.  That old man was truly something else, everything was a learning opportunity with him. 

Nevertheless I didn't back down from any challenge though my body hated me for it by the end of the day.  I stretched my aching body, releasing a sigh.  I still had time before dinner was expected to be made so might as well get comfortable.  Squirming my body I attempted to find a good spot to hopefully rest for a while.  A yawn fought its way out of my system to which I was willing to surrender to its demands. 

Well I was anyway till a shadow cast my face in darkness.  Immediately flinching, I shot up in instinct to assess the unexpected company.  Urokodaki wasn't aware of this secret haven of mine as far as I knew.  My eyes adjusted to the brightness as I recognized the person.  Dark locks pulled back in a low ponytail, deep blue eyes, a stiff stance and mix matched haori. 

"Giyuu!" I burst excitedly.  He merely stared back as I stood shakily, brushing the dirt from my pants and chest.  My legs ached in protest as I made my way towards him.  I bowed quickly, a wide smile adorning my face.  I shot back up just as swiftly, nearly bubbling with glee. 

"I didn't know you were stopping by today!  It's been a couple months, I was worried!" I chirped.  His eyes didn't give away any emotion but his stance seemed to relax by the tiniest bit, his hand leaving the hilt of his sword to rest by his side. 

"I was going to send a message," he stated matter of factly.  And I wish he did honestly.  It's been a decent amount of time since he had been summoned for a mission of his own, leaving me behind to train with Urokodaki.  I worried every day, anxieties of hearing news of Giyuu's demise plagued my mind constantly. 

"We should go see Urokodaki!  He's going to be so happy to see you again," my mind buzzed with excitement at the thought of our little "family" being whole again.  I turned to lead the way back, letting out a grunt as the aches throughout my body throbbed at once.  I stumbled slightly before righting myself. 

"What just happened?" the deep voice declared.  I flinched internally really hoping he wouldn't notice my state.  It just would dampen the mood, he's back, nothing else matters.  I shrugged nonchalantly, trying to play it off as nothing. 

"Nothing too serious, I'm fine thank you!" I called over my shoulder.  However when I took my next step my knee buckled.  I caught myself just as an arm wound its way around my waist to catch me.  My eyes widened in disbelief, my head turning to look at Giyuu's stoic yet mildly concerned expression.  He was close, a little too close.  My jaw clenched as his grip on me tightened. 

"Seriously, I'm fine Giyuu.  I caught myself so you didn't have to," I uttered.  He blinked back blankly before pulling me closer to his side, his arm not moving.  If I didn't get space from him soon I was going to curl into myself and die.  There was no way our great love story was going to begin with me tripping.  The "falling for you" jokes would be too strong. 

"You're obviously not fine," he sighed.  I rolled my eyes at him playfully.  I took a step forward to get away from him but he copied the action, supporting my body.  I glared at him only to be met with his stubbornness. 

"If I let you walk me home I want your dessert," I demanded haughtily.  Squeezing my waist harshly, I let out a yelp of surprise. 

"Fine."  We shuffled along through the trees and trails back to Urokodaki's house.  I refused to stare at the obsidian haired, stubborn, love interest next to me.  The smell of dinner wafted through the air once we neared our destination.