Chapter 34.

~August~

I ran my hands over my hair as I paced the room.

"I'm not gone fucking ask you again, Sylvia. Where the fuck is my daughter?" I glared down at her smirking face.

"Don't you mean my daughter? Since you're so busy playing house with that bitch." She rolled her eyes. "Estúpido negro." She mumbled under her breath.

Did this bitch just call me..

"Who you calling a stupid nigga?" I got in her face." Bethany ain't no damn bitch. If yo ass woulda kept up with ya fuckin birth control, we wouldn't be in this shit! I coulda had a fucking family with Bethany years ago! But yo hoe ass wanna ruin everything by getting pregnant with Serena! You fucked up my life!"

My chest heaved and I expected her to say something smart or cry.

Some of that fake bs like usual

But instead, she shook her head.

"Your words didn't hurt me, Aug. But they hurt someone else." She glanced behind me.

What...

I turned around and immediately regretted every word I just said.

"I ruined your life?" Serena sniffled. "Did I daddy? Was I a mistake?"

Fuck.

I turned to Sylvia who was faking sympathy.

Fake bitch.

I turned back to Serena.

"No baybeh. Daddy was just angry. He didn't know what he was saying." I took a few steps toward her but she ran to her room.

I heard her door slam.

Good job, Aug.

I released a frustrated groan.

"Nice going, papi." She snickered and followed Serena. "What a great father you'll be."

I felt my anger rising again and punched a hole in Sylvia's room door.

Why the fuck did I say that shit?

I just can't do shit right.

My phone ringing in my pocket brought me back to reality.

It was Bethany.

I answered on the first ring.

"Hey, B. Look about yesterday-" I sat down on Sylvia's bed then stood up quickly.

Ain't no telling what kind of STD's this bitch had on this thing.

"Yo, is this August?" A voice said.

I took the phone from my ear and looked at it.

Yeah, this was Bethany's phone

So who was this nigga?

"Yeah, but who the fuck is this?" I clenched my fist.

Probably that Derek nigga.

"Don't worry bout who the fuck I am." I sucked my teeth. "But you need to get your ass to the hospital now. It's Bethany. Something's wrong with the baby."

My heart dropped.

No...

No this couldn't be real.

"Aye, nigga did you hear me? Get yo ass to Tipson Medical now."

I raced to my car.

On my way to the hospital, I said a prayer.

"My kid man. God,please don't take my unborn child. I realize the previous abortions were wrong but I'm trying to make up for it. I really am. I love her. I love Bethany with all of my fucking heart. I swear to you, if you let my baby live," A tear slid down my face. "I'ma stop messin up with Bethany. I'ma do right for our child, for our family. In your name I pray. Amen."

~Bethany~

I opened my eyes slowly and noticed I was in the hospital.

How...

Suddenly everything came back to me.

My baby.

It was at that very moment I felt a pain in my stomach.

"My baby!" I screamed into the room. "What happened to my baby?"

A nurse rushed in.

"Ma'am, please. Please calm down. Take a deep breath." She tried holding my arms down and turned to the doorway. "I need a sedation!"

Two male nurses walked in, one with a syringe.

"Where is my baby?!" I cried at them. "Tell me please! Where is he?!"

The man injected the medicine into my IV while the other man and woman hold me down.

My eyelids became heavy.

I felt my consciousness slipping away.

"Please, where is my baby?" I asked weakly as my eyes drifted beside the bed and locked on an object.

It was a baby cart.

The ones they put newborns in.

This one was empty.

"I'm so sorry for your loss ma'am."

That was the last thing I heard before the darkness of sadness and depression took over.

Don't hate me you guys!

Comment your thoughts!

~•Dana•~