Chapter 13

I couldn't make it to the gym studio today after training at school being among the school soccer team.

My day has been so easy to describe, not that stressful. Just two classes I attended in the morning and midday respectively, and after training with my teammates, I raced home, had plantain chips for lunch, and took a long nap.

Now with my apple MacBook air on my lap in the sunshade, I begin to download some of my course resources on my college learning management system.

The fronds of palm trees planted around the shade in our compound keep rustling as it's enriched by the cool breeze blowing while I am enjoying the fresh air.

It's high time I start studying to survive this last semester. I can't wait for this to end even though I had failed two courses in my 300 level.

All I just need is to resit and pass the two courses, try hard not to fail any of my 400level courses, defend my project, and graduate for once.

It's a hard task for me, isn't it?

Olivia joins me some minutes after, her oversized t-shirt and wig blowing away.

"Hey," She greets, staring intently at my PC as she comes behind me.

"Serious student," She adds teasingly, tickling my chest while I try to dodge her arms and she makes way to sit in front of me.

"You know, I have no choice," I express.

"Come on boy! It's almost over,"

Exactly, almost over and I can't wait.

"So how is it going about you taking over the hotel?" I inquired, glancing at her through my anti-blue ray glasses worn on my face.

"Well," She begins. "I'm starting with handling all marketing operations and revenues within the hotel," She explains and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Marketing director?" I marvel.

"You can say that again," She replies, moving her arms to boost.

I smile as I gently place my PC on the table and I veer to give her a big hug in her seat.

"I'm so happy for you, sis," I say, bending with my arms wrapped around her. "Congratulations," I add.

"Thank you, sweetie," She retorts as she draws my arms tight with her hands while I peck her cheek.

I can feel how lucky she is to be able to work in her major with no stress of job hunting.

Catching a glimpse of Karen with Maria holding a mob as they are heading towards the backyard makes me release my arms off Olivia.

The way they are chatting and laughing shows they get along satisfactorily.

"What time is it?" I ask Olivia, still looking at the two behind the wildflower lawns.

"7:10," She answers briefly.

That is almost time for dinner. Karen would have prepared the meal.

"I will be right back," I state, and I start heading in.

My nostrils are filled with the aroma of soup's savor the moment I entered the kitchen.

Sniffing continuously, I move close to the cabinet where a pair of Marmite chafing dishes are set.

I peep around to be sure no one is watching me before I open them. One pan contains peppersoup with catfish, steam emitting from it while the other is filled with some white rice.

I can't believe I'm gonna ruin this flavorful meal.

I reach for a container of table salt in the cupboard and sprinkle some into the soup, grinning.