Chapter Seventeen

Harry and I were standing in an extremely long line to check our bags into the airplane. It had already been at least 30 minutes and we were only halfway to the front of the line.

"Daddyyy." I whined and pulled on his hand. This whole time he was on his phone instead of paying attention to me.

"Shh! Mary not here." he scolded but never looked up from his phone.

I huffed and dropped his hand, crossing mine instead. I knew this was a work trip but I hated not having Harry's attention.

Instead of sulking around I decided to look around from where I was standing. Behind me and Harry there was a family with three children. I smiled at the mother as she held her young child close. How was I suppose to find someone who would have a family with me if I was fooling around with Harry. My smile had vanished by now.

"Why do you look like that?"

I whipped my head around to look at Harry who had finally looked up from his phone. I studied his blank face before looking back at the family. I always wanted a big family.

I could see Harry follow my eyes as I looked at the family.

"No. We are not having kids right now, babe." he shook his head and shuffled forward as the line moved upwards.

"I don't want kids now but like when I'm older." I admitted shyly, not sure why I was so embarrassed.

"Mary, sweetheart, you're very young. You should wait a couple years."

"I know." I sassed, earning a harsh look. "But like I said before, I want them in the future and it's not like you're going to want to have kids with me. You're married to my mom! I should stop fooling around with you."

Suddenly his face contorted into one of anger. My stomach lurched and my eyes widened, scared for the screaming or punishment that I was bound to get. I could tell just by his face.

"You think we are just fooling around?" he seethed in a whisper, "Mary, I married your mom to get closer to you."

My mouth parted, "I-I. I'm sorry. I didn't know you actually liked me. I thought you just wanted me sexually." I looked down.

"No, sweetheart. Daddy loves you." he lifted my chin up and poked my nose causing me to lightly smile. "If you want 10 kids, we will have 10 kids. Just not right now."

The line started to move again and before we had time to discuss our relationship further, we were at the front.

"Passports please." an old lady asked as we walked to her desk.

Harry handed both our passports and put our bags on the counter to be weighed.

"Is this your daughter?" the lady tried to make conversation.

"Step-daughter." Harry mumbled and put a hand on my shoulder to bring me closer.

"Alright well your bags are under the weight limit so you don't have to pay anything. Off you go." she said and shooed us off.

I walked behind Harry as he guided us to security.

"Oh f.uck. There is so many f.ucking people here."

"Why do we even have to go through security." I grumbled as I stood beside him.

"Mary. Don't ask stupid questions."

"You're mean." I pouted but soon realized he was too occupied checking his work emails on his phone to notice me.

I took a deep breath before shuffling closer to his body. I let my lips linger close to his ear before pressing them to it. I breathed out before speaking.