40. hello, uncle.

F O R T Y
hello, uncle.

JJ paced.

Otto hadn't come back. For hours they pushed it off as her taking time to be with her father, then they pushed it off as her taking time to sort out her head. And then they got concerned, the group got into the Twinkie and drove to her house, rolling up JJ got out of the drivers seat.

It was easier for him to drive because John B didn't know where she lived. And JJ was shit at directions.

Once out of the car he walked through the side entrance and down to the flat, the lights were off but sometimes Otto sat in the dark. So he checked, he yelled for her and in the flat he would've heard her, but he still looked in each room.

She wasn't there.

He walked back through the house and asked Laura if Otto had come back, she shook her head. Trying not to worry her he brushed it off as a miscommunication and checked she was still okay with taking Freddie for the night to which she happily agreed to.

When he got back into the car everyone saw how tense he was, "We should go to the graveyard JJ." Kie said gently.

It wasn't likely that she'd still be there hours later, but nevertheless they drove there.

Everyone spread out, walking in different directions shouting for Otto.

John B and Pope searched the path that lead back to the Chateau. Sitting on the grass walkway was her phone.

It was obviously hers due to the phone case having a polaroid picture of Freddie when he stuck up his middle finger.

They still held out hope, that was why she hadn't contacted them.

"We found her phone, that'll be why she hasn't answered." Pope said confidently, despite not entirely believing himself.

JJ looked blank faced, just like Otto looked most of the time. Maybe she was rubbing off on him.

"Let's go back to the Chateau to check one last time and then we'll go to the police." Kie said grabbing JJ's forearm and gently pulling him toward the car.

He wasn't talking, or making an decisions.

He was borderline catatonic.

John B drove, knowing the way back to the Chateau from the graveyard well.

The drive was silent, the type of silent that you could cut with a knife and eat. Every teenager in that car had similar things going through their mind.

John B worried about how JJ would react, because if he flew off the handle they wouldn't be able to help Otto.

Kie worried about where her friend was, she was terrified at the thought someone had taken her and hurt her, or if she was dead in a ditch somewhere.

Sarah worried about if the people that followed John B and her, and they're the group was behind this. Because she'd hate herself if they were, because that meant if she hadn't come back this wouldn't have happened.

Pope worried about how he could fix the situation, running through every possible scenario he could think of in his head and how he'd go about fixing it.

JJ wasn't really worried, he was just imagining what his life would be like without Otto. How it would destroy him, blow up his life, he wondered if he'd be able to stay on the rails if that happened. Even for Freddie he wondered if he'd it would be possible.

The fact she didn't have her phone on her made things a lot more complicated, her phone was also turned off which meant she didn't want people contacting her.