Chapter 28

Y/N POV 

I woke up this morning, cuddled with my pack. The weight that has been on my chest this last week was finally gone, I didn't realise how stressed the mystery hybrid smell situation was making me.

We were back to normal, with Yoongi in his human form, pulling my back into his chest, spooning me, and Hobi was snuggled against my stomach. Jimin was laid out above our heads on the pillows. I finally felt like I could breathe again.

I still couldn't believe that I didn't even think of Jin. I went through all of my work colleagues, everyone I saw in the office, and didn't even think of the one person that I saw almost every day.

As relieved as I was about this, it also brought new anxiety to me. I probably wouldn't be able to go on my lunch dates with him anymore. I didn't want to cause stress and tension in my family, and now that I knew exactly what was causing that, I should avoid it, shouldn't I?

Even though Jin was just a human, clearly the smell of his hybrid was causing distress to my poor pack, and I couldn't bear to see them like that.

The thought of Jin, struggling for money to support himself and his hybrid, it was breaking my heart and the more I thought about it the more I wanted to talk to him. I wasn't sure what I would say, but I just wanted him to know he had a friend.

When Jin was buying that first aid kit, could it have been for his hybrid? Were they injured badly? Jin probably couldn't afford to take them to a hybrid doctor. I decided I would take him out for lunch again today, but I would give my guys some warning first.

I tried to gently pull Yoongi's arm off me so that I could start getting ready for work, but he shook me off and just pulled me against him tighter.

"Yoongi, I don't have the energy to fight you every morning." I laughed.

"Then don't. Stay here" he said groggily. His voice sounded so good in the morning.

I rolled my eyes and forcefully sat myself up. Yoongi just groaned in protest and pulled the blanket higher to keep in the warmth.

"Hey, I know you might not be happy with this, but I want to take Jin out for lunch one last time" I decided to spill it out now.

Yoongi visibly stiffened, and his eyes darted to mine. He stayed silent though.

"I'm sorry I know it's not ideal, but I'd just like to treat him to one last meal, and then after this, no more lunch dates." I explained. "That way we can put this whole thing behind us, the most I'll do from tomorrow onwards is just say 'Hi', deal?"

I looked at him hopefully, waiting for a response. I knew he wouldn't be happy with me going out to lunch again, especially during this time of my cycle, but it would be the last time, then we wouldn't have to deal with this again.

Hobi was now awake, and his little fox face was just staring at me.

"You can scent me for...." I checked the clock on my bedside table "12 whole minutes?"

Yoongi finally grunted and rolled his eyes and I took this as a reluctant yes. I giggled at his feigned annoyance and lay myself on top of him, which only made him grunt more. I'd be lying if I said the noises coming from him weren't making me feel some type of way.

I tried my best to give him a big bear hug, but it was difficult to do over the blankets and he was still lying on his side. His shoulder was digging into my sternum.

"Thaaaaaanks Yoongi" I kissed him on the cheek.

His eyes opened up wide at this and I noticed a faint blush creep up onto his cheeks. Next to us, Hobi chirped and dug himself under the blanket. This usually meant he was going to shift. The lump under the blanket grew and grew until Hobi's face finally popped out.