Epilogue

Luis Fonsi ft Manuel Turizo - Vacaciones

8 Months Later

Fernando's POV

Life became a happily ever after for us. Time flew so fast and 9months is due when my wife is meant to put birth. It hasn't been an easy journey for her, the pains in every trimester she passed through aren't something to forget. All mothers are to be commended for bringing us to the world.

"Doctor I can't push anymore, I'm tired" my wife cried and I squeezed her hand gently. We are in the labor room as I speak to you and is more than an hour since we've been here.

The doctor glance at me and I glance back at him. I could tell he wants me to persuade my wife to do this. I nod and diverted my gaze at her.

Staring at her, she looks so exhausted. I wish I could help her do this, I would have done it by now. "Hey honey, look at me" I whispered and she squint slowly to lock her gaze with mine.

"You have to do this for our baby, our baby needs to be born into this world and it is only you that can bring him to the world. So please, you need to breathe and push one more time for him to be out. You have nothing to fear, I'm right here with you. I'm never leaving your side" I placed a kiss on her forehead and then on her lips.

"You are a strong woman, I believe you can do this. Please, just one more push is all we need-" I took her hand and kissed it and I held it tightly. "Are you ready to give us that last push?" I ask and she nods slightly.

"At the count of 3 be ready to push" doctor Aaron announced and she nods slightly. "1,2,3!" the doctor yelled and my wife pushed with everything she got.

The next second, the room was filled with a baby's cry. "It's a cute baby boy!" the doctor announced.

I stared down at my wife with a big smile on my face. "You did it, my diamond" I chuckled softly, and at the same time tears made their way to my eyes.

She flashed me a weak smile and I kissed her forehead. "My baby" she utters feebly.

"Doctor, there is another child in there!" One of the female nurses announced.

"What!" My wife and I exclaimed in unison and shared surprise glances.

"It's a twin Sir, your wife needs to push the second child out," the doctor said and I gaze down at my wife who was almost giving up.

"Twins? But we did a scan and..."

"It happens sometimes. Please now is not the time for questions, we need the second baby out now!" the doctor interrupted.

"My diamond, did you remember how I told you if we are to have twins we will name them Paloma and Diego-" I ask teasingly remembering how much she loved that movie with the title 'When you are mine.

A soft snicker escaped her mouth and she nods. "Beautiful, so it's your call to push Paloma out right now. Please close your eyes and push one last time as the strong woman that you are".

"Okay, please hold my hand" she requested in almost a whisper and I held her right hand tight.

"Mrs. Fernando, if you are ready please let us know" doctor Aaron said.

"Yes doctor, I'm ready" she answered.

The doctor nodded at the nurses and my wife gave one last push and another cry of a baby filled the room. I watched as the baby was removed from my wife's womb and more tears slide down my cheeks.

"It's a beautiful baby girl!" The doctor announced. "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Fernando".

"Mine, my diamond, did you hear that?" I ask with tears of joy.