Chapter 4 - The Aftermath

"Talking"
"Whispering"
'Thinking'
Timeskip/Meanwhile

(A.N.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few years since that fateful day, which was now referred to as The Uchiha Massacre, and a lot had changed.

Sasuki had grown more distant from everybody, apart from Y/N. The council had decided that because Sasuki was the last official and 'loyal' Uchiha, they would give her anything she wanted or needed to stay with them. They wanted to put her up for adoption, so that she could still be taken care of. But she had chosen that she would still stay in her old house by herself, and not be moved to some orphanage. Not wanting to anger her, the council agreed.

Y/N on the other hand was different. Due to the fact his Mother had died in the massacre, and that she was his last living family memeber, he would be put into an orphanage. Only he had no say in the matter. Fortunately, he was quickly adopted by a former student of his Mother.

Her name was Kakane Hatake, and she was a very nice woman. She had long silver hair, and she wore a black mask that covered her mouth and nose. She also wore her leaf headband over her left eye. So the only thing that was really visible on her face was her right eye, which was black in colour. As for the rest of her body, she wore the standard Leaf Shinobi clothing. Y/N recognised her as the other person that was in the hospital the day after the massacre. The only thing that Y/N didn't like about her though, was her constant obsession of reading erotic novels everywhere she went. Y/N tried to get her to stop, but gave up once he realised it was useless. At one point he took a small peak at the contents of one, then soon after put it back where he found it, red faced, and wondering what kind of person would make somthing like that.

A thing that he did like about Kakane though, was that she had a lot of training to offer. This was made a lot better when she found out that he was half Uchiha, and therefore had the Sharingan. Due to this, she thought of him as more capable of doing things than before, so she gave him a bit more freedom when he was training. She agreed not to tell anyone that he had the Sharingan. He wanted people to know when the time was right. When she did find out and after Y/N had explained it, she revealed her left eye to him, saying she got it from a comrade who died in battle. Soon after this he started to learn Chidori (The fastest way to a womans heart), and quickly mastered it.

While all this was happening, Y/N was sneaking out at night to practice his Mangekyou abilities. He had managed to find out what his right eye could do, and was on his way to mastering its capabilities, but still couldn't figure out what his left eye could do yet. Kakane, being an expert Jonin, found out that be was doing. She scolded him, thinking it was the right thing to do, and decided to make him a training schedule, no longer letting him train by himself.

Once while sparring together, Y/N unlocked the power of his left eye. Amaterasu, the inextinguishable flames. When he summoneded the flames, he quickly worked out it's capabilities and the fact he could also dispell the flames, after nearly giving Kakane third degree burns. He decided to not train this ability however, due to it not actually needing much training to use.

On a different note, Y/N's relationship with Naruko had also grown, and they had become even closer friends. Y/N had even participated in a few of Naruko's pranks, only because she had consistently begged him for help with it. He often referred to them as 'Dirty deeds done dirt cheap', because he got barely anything in return for doing them and usually had to pay for ramen afterwards. 

He was still top of the class at the academy, Sakura and Ino still constantly asked him if he would go out with them, and he still trained and sparred with Sasuki and Naruko, or as he had started to call them, a 'Dance'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note, the Mangekyou abilites are:

-Left eye: Amaterasu (Same as Itachi/Itami)

-Right eye: Kamui (Same as Obito/Obi)