83

When I woke up I had a mild headache but was feeling better than I was yesterday.

I was grateful for that because yesterday was total ass and I wanted to get dressed up and go to a ball with Colby.

I sat up then carefully got out of bed, not wanting to wake up Colby.

I quickly went to take my pill since the faster I took it, the better I would feel.

Once I did that I went into the bathroom and cleaned my face and brushed my teeth.

I wanted to start getting ready but I thought that it would be entirely too early to start doing that.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Colby said with a gravely voice as I walked over to the bed.

"Good morning." I said and got in bed with him, cuddling up to him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and sighed with content. "Better. A lot better." I said then looked up and kissed his jawline.

"When can I start getting ready?" I asked and looked up at him. "We're gonna go to the ball at five. It's thirty minutes away so be ready at four." He said as I looked at the clock.

10am

"That's too far away." I pouted. "Well we can go downstairs and get some breakfast, maybe walk around for a little bit. Then it'll be time to get ready." Colby said and ran his fingers through my hair.

"That sounds really nice." I said with a smile. "I'm glad you're feeling better. I know yesterday was hard for you." He said as I nodded.

"Yeah, it sucked. I'm used to it though. One time the pharmacy ran out of my prescription for two months. It was horrible." I said with a sigh.

"That sounds terrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with that." He said quietly. "It's alright. Just part of life. I'm hungry though so we should go downstairs." I said then started to get out of bed.

Colby and I then got dressed and went downstairs to get breakfast. I decided to get waffles and bacon and Colby got a breakfast sandwich.

Once we were done with breakfast we walked around a little bit.

We couldn't really branch out from the hotel considering I was 'missing' in this town.

It was kinda strange that I hardly cared that I was missing. Being this close to my family and not being able to see them was hard, but as far as I knew,

They had already forgotten about me.

When it was time to start getting ready, I felt like a little girl.

I rarely played dress up when I was younger. The closest I got was at school when I would have to borrow clothes from the lost and found.

One time I tried to put on one of my mom's dresses and I was beaten senseless.

I learned my lesson after that.

"Babe, can you help me?" I asked and held half of my hair up with one hand.

"Oh, I don't know if that's a good idea." Colby said with a laugh. "I just need you to hold this." I said as he came over and took my hair in his hand.

"It sucks that it's so short. I wanna do a fun updo." I said and curled the bottom of my hair.

"Yeah, sorry about that. If it's any consolation, I think you're gorgeous with short hair." Colby said as I grinned.

"I would hope you would think that." I said then looked up at him. "You can let go." I said as he winked and pulled my hair slightly before letting it go.