62. settling scores

Chapter 62

Oriya Deronte

I know the bastard is in there. I slammed on the door one more time as hard as I could, "Vincent, I know you're in there I can hear you. Open the fucking door!" I said with my voice full of frustration.

For a moment or two, I was greeted with silence. Just as I was about to break the door down, I heard footsteps coming closer. The door swings open and Vincent stares down at me while he twirls a knife between his fingers.

His eyes are slightly red. "What happened?" I asked.

He shakes his head, "Nothing."

I walk inside and he follows me, closing the door behind him. He looked like a disaster. His shirt was unbuttoned and his tie was pulled loose like he was fighting for air. His hair was completely dishevelled, with one strand out like always.

I take a step toward him and stand on my tippy toes to push it back. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in. "Then why is there a knife in your hand?" I asked, taking a step back.

His eyes snap open and a little frown touches his lips at our distance. He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know."

"Vincent, what's wrong?" I ask again.

He stares at me for a second before he finally answers, "You. Us. We're wrong. What we are is wrong." he said, "Friends." he spits.

"You going on a date with that guy is wrong. You not being mine anymore is wrong. You falling out of love with me is wrong."

Falling out of love? Me falling out of love with Vincent? Never in a million fucking years.

He takes a step forward closer to me and grabs my hand, "I don't know what you've done to me, but I can't be without you anymore, I need you."

"Vincent-"

Before I was able to finish my sentence, he dropped to his knees in front of me, while still holding my hand.

"Oriya, I am so sorry. I don't think I can say it enough. I am so fucking sorry. I didn't mean what I said, I don't know why I said it. It was foolish of me. So damn stupid. Torture me however you please with weapons until you're satisfied but please, don't torture me like this."

"If you want to cut my tongue off for saying that, then do it. But I can't see you with someone else. I can't imagine someone else holding you, kissing you, hugging you, fucking you, loving you. I can't." he said, looking into my eyes.

He squeezed my hand that was still in his grasp, "Oriya, my love, my sweet love, I am so sorry. I love you so fucking much. I need you to know that."

"Please, Ori, I'm on my knees, begging you. Forgive me, please. I'm sorry."

I let it all sink in for a second. He was sorry. What he said was in a moment of anger. And after all, I had kept a huge secret from him.

I finally said, "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have kept such a big secret from you. Especially the one about your mother. Please forgive me."

"I will if you forgive me."

I smiled, "You are forgiven."

The next 5 seconds were absolute bliss: His eyes lit up and a huge smile stretched across his face. I've never seen him so happy. He stood up and grabbed me in his arms, lifting me from the floor before placing his lips on mine.

I cupped one side of his face and kissed him back fiercely. He held me tighter and we pulled apart, "God, how I missed this." he said, putting me down on my feet again.