Chapter 29

Y/N POV

I was worried about Jin again. It seemed that all I did was worry about people now aways. He was looking so weary, and just so tired.

"I was thinking we could try this Korean place, it's kind of in between my place and yours, so I'll drive us there after work, then I'll drop you home after, sound good?" Lucas interrupted my day dreaming.

"Oh, um yeah, that sounds good!" I smiled.

He frowned a little at my weak reply.

"Sorry I'm just thinking about things, and trying to figure stuff out..."

Lame ass explanation Y/N.

"All good, hopefully the good food tomorrow can cheer you up" he patted my head a few times and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Wait, how do you know where I live?" I suddenly realised.

"I don't" he replied with a laugh, "You just told me the suburb once."

"Oh" I must be so out of it.

"Remember to be careful please?" Lisa whispered after Lucas walked away.

"Yes, yes, I will mum" I rolled my eyes and smiled at her.

"Do you wanna get lunch? It's been forever since we hung out"

"We hung out on Saturday" I scoffed.

"We hUng oUt oN SaTuRDay" she mocked me. "Forgive me for wanting to hang out with my friend."

"I'm sorry!" I laughed at her offended act. "Maybe tomorrow, I'm getting lunch with Jin today"

"Jin? The handsome busker guy?"

"Yes" I rolled my eyes, "The handsome busker guy"

"Why?"

"I'm not allowed to take a handsome busker out for lunch?" I said innocently.

It was her turn to roll her eyes at me, giving up on getting a proper answer out of me. I smirked in victory and tried to focus on my work.

"Oh hey, does your friend still work at that vet?" Lisa called out absentmindedly. "I wanted to take Rose for a check-up."

My mind was already wandering off, thinking about sushi.

"Uuuuhh yeah, yeah I'll send you her details..."

Sushi needs to stay cold, so maybe I'll tell him to drop it off at home first before he continues busking. What if he doesn't have a fridge? Surely his hybrid could finish it off before it gets too warm.

I laughed at myself. Just 2 weeks ago I was living a boring, average life, and now I'm fretting over sushi for an unknown hybrid. My fingers typed away at my keyboard while I tried to figure out what to say to Jin.

"Let's goooooo!" I said as cheerily as I could, hoping that it would rub off on Jin.

It seemed to work, and he smiled before packing up his guitar. We walked in comfortable silence to the sushi restaurant and got a table in a back corner.

"So you said this was the last time?" Jin said quietly as he fiddled with the edge of the menu.

I sighed and looked down. Well, time to tell him that my hybrids are jealous of his hybrid.

"Well, you see, um- Ok, so since I brought my pack home, they've been smelling this hybrid on me every time I came home from work" I started to explain.