Chapter 50

Why do the kind ones always gets hurt first?

Why does pain stay for as long as you'd let it stay?

When you can forgive but you don't- why?

Why should we bow to other people's wishes when we can't even think of your own?

Why did it always have to hurt when someone leaves? Why can't tears prevent themselves from falling?

Why can't you just let it go when it's time to let go?

How can humans be cruel sometimes?

How can they be cruel sometimes?

Ezri watched at the corner as Isabella slowly fell apart. It was like watching glass slowly falling down to its inevitable end. She curled in on herself, as if she was trying to keep the world out, leaving her to her own dark and pathetic world. How many more can she do before she finally breaks? How many more pain can she live in before she finally snaps?

Ezri watched because that was the only thing he could do. He could only watch as she breaks herself over and over again for someone who was at fault, not her. He could only watch but not mend the shattered glass.

He wanted to mend what's broken but how could you fix what's broken when you're broken as well?

Ezri slowly walked towards her and gently raised her head from the cold floor. Her eyes were filled with tears. In Isabella's perspective, he was probably blurred. The young man sighed before pulling her closer and placing her head on his shoulder. It looked like she didn't even notice who he was. She just cried and clinged onto him without any care for the people outside. She was just in her own little bubble. Ezri hurriedly wrapped his arms around her, wanting nothing more than to help her hide from the world. From the pain. From the nightmares.

Why was the world so cruel?

Ezri was like Isabella. Broken. Shattered. A person with no one but themselves to count on. People who plays in a dangerous game, not even knowing that they're not even the players. They're just pieces of a game.

Why can't they live for themselves? Why can't they choose for themselves? Where was the freedom? When will the lies stop?

When will it just stop?

When will it turn quiet? For once, just once, let it be silent because he doesn't know how long he can take any more of the strings that's attached to him like a marionette that's only being played on a stage.

Being played.

Being a puppet.

A piece used in a game.

If he could finish it all then he would, but he's too scared to go.

He's too scared to leave. He's scared to finish himself. He's scared to be a disappointment to a lot of people. He's too scared to leave Isabella yet. He's scared that if he leaves Isabella, she might be all alone.

He's too scared.

And that's where the difference is between him and Isabella becomes visible.

Isabella can hop from one pain to another and would still be looking forward despite getting hurt. She would still look ahead into the future with tears streaming down her face. She would. She could. Because she learned how to cope with it. She learned how to express it. She learned how to cry.

To let it all out.

To scream it all out when it becomes too much for her to handle.

But Ezri can't do that. He can't just scream it all, it would be ridiculous. He can't cry. He can't cry because he's supposed to be a puppet. Puppets don't cry. They're controlled. They're supposed to make people happy. They're supposed to smile. He's supposed to smile- he's supposed to be happy.