peace

This is an au cause i'm bored and i wanted to write angst lolol🫶

695 words

Finney finally got the combination correct. He opened the door as slow as he could, but it was no use. The Grabbers dog had started barking, waking the man sleeping. Finney ran, screaming, trying to get the attention of the neighbors.

He could hear the grabber catching up to him but he kept running. He was too slow, the man grabbed him, putting his hand over Finneys mouth, and knocking Finney out.

Finney woke up later on the mattress. He had to get out. He got up from the mattress, and started pacing the room trying to think of something. The phone rings. Finney scrambles to answer it. It was Robin.

Robin explains what Finney needs to do and they practice. "I promise i'll make it out for you Robin." Finney says. Robin chuckles "I know you will. Kill that bastard for us Finney." Robin says. "Hey Robin.." Finney says, slowly. "Yeah Finn?" Robin reply's. "I love you." Finney says, voice shaking. "I love you too Finn." Robin says, and hangs up.

The grabber comes down and Finney grabs the phone, hitting the man across the face. Finney goes to hit him again, but he's too late. He feels a hot flash of pain in his stomach. He looks down and sees a knife deep in his stomach. The grabber pulls out the knife and pushes Finney onto the floor. The man raises the knife and stabs him, over and over.

The next time Finney wakes up, he's dead.

He feels weird. Like he's just there. He's in another basement, but this one has graves. "Finn.." a voice says, behind Finney. Finney quickly turns around and is met with the presence of Robin. Finney let's put a choked sob, and runs to Robin hugging him tightly, the other boy returning the hug.

"I broke the promise. I didnt make it out. I'm so sorry Robin." Finneys sobs into Robins shoulder. Robin pulls away and looks into Finneys eyes with sympathy. "Finn, mi amor, you tried. You were so brave. And i'm so proud of you for trying." Robin says, cupping Finneys cheeks.

Finney just gives him a crooked smile before realizing something. Gwen. Finney had left his sister behind, with their father, with the world, all alone. "Gwen. Robin, I fucking left Gwen." Finney wails. Robins eyes go wide and brings Finney into another hug. Finney falls down onto the floor, Robin follows him, refusing to let go of the other boy.

Finney cries for hours, and Robin stays with him the entire time, holding him. "Shhh, mi amor, I know, I know." Robin whispers, into Finneys ear. Finney calms down after a bit, lifting his head up and looking around the room. There were others. All of the other missing children were around them, looks of worry and sympathy on their faces.

A few days have passed and Finney has been trying to get used to how he has to live for the rest of eternity. The others have been by his side the entire time, helping and comforting him. Finney most appreciates Robin though. Robin hasn't left his side once. Robin has been sure to never leave Finneys side. Hugging him, holding his hand, whispering sweet nothings into Finneys ear, kissing him.

The police eventually find the graves of all of the children. Finney and Robin walk hand in hand outside, and watch from afar how Gwen breaks down, screaming in agony as the police tell her Finney has been found dead. Finney cries himself too, he hates himself for not fighting harder, leaving his sister behind. He hates himself for leaving Gwen alone in this world.

Years go by and Finney and Robin are still inseparable. Finney has come to terms with everything now and is at peace. Gwen visits Finneys grave everyday after school and Finney is always right beside her, arm over her shoulders. They were at peace.

may have mistakes 🫶