Boys in Baku and Continued in Canada

The next few days went by really slowly, filled with hours of studying flashcards and completing practice exams. Charles and I had daily FaceTimes where he kept me updated on what he was up to whilst the only thing I could update him on was teeth. I knew what I would much rather be doing and couldn't wait to finish for summer after the exams and only worry about Charles for two full months.

It was soon Friday and Emma and I watched the practice sessions in the apartment whilst we tested each other on the topics for Monday's exam, the past week proving successful and feeling quietly confident about the exam.

The practice sessions and qualifying the following day were relatively uneventful for Charles, taking pole in Q3 and prime spot on the grid for tomorrow.

Emma and I had a pre exam routine where we wouldn't study the day before and would just relax to help our mindset going into the exam the next day. So on Sunday we spent the day pampering ourselves before switching on the race. I must say watching a double DNF for Ferrari didn't do much to calm the nerves so we switched over after the post race interviews.

- -

I woke up early the next day, having one last flick through my flashcards as I set up my laptop for the 9 o'clock exam. After 2 gruelling hours I submitted my paper and switched my phone back on to see what I had missed, the uni groupchat going wild talking about the questions that came up and a text from Charles wishing me good luck. I quickly typed out a reply to him

Jen

1 down and 2 to go 🥳
Then I get to follow you around all summer like a lost puppy xx

Charles

I can't wait x

Emma and I took the rest of the day off and went to sunbathe on the deckchairs down at the port, letting the sun and the smell of the salt water wash away our stresses from this morning. We sat there for a good few hours until the sun started to hide behind the clouds, curtailing our sun worshiping and we left to go back to the apartment. I made dinner and we soon called it an early night, preparing for another day of study tomorrow. Before settling into bed, I text Charles to say our usual goodnights.

Jen

Goodnight Charles x
Have a safe slight tomorrow and give me a text when you land xx

Charles

Goodnight Jennifer x

- -

Again the next couple of days went by incredibly slowly, a monotonous routine of waking up, studying, eating and going to sleep again. Luckily it was broken up for a few hours each day by having conversations with Charles, keeping me going, knowing that I would be seeing him on Tuesday when he got back from Canada.

Friday's exam went much better than Monday's so Emma and I treated ourselves to some homemade cocktails whilst watching the practice sessions and going downstairs to get a pizza for dinner.

Emma was happy watching Max take pole on the Saturday and we settled ourselves in for an intense race on the Sunday. The boys starting on opposite ends of the grid from one another which would make things interesting all throughout the pack. We were treated to a Charles Leclerc overtaking masterclass as the race went on, ultimately he could only take 5th place as Max won again. Due to the time difference it was almost 10 o'clock in Monaco by the time the race finished so I text Charles before heading to bed