Chapter 30

Jin POV

"Food again?!" you wouldn't even be able to tell that this boy had been through a horrific assault just a week ago by the way he was acting.

He bounced up to me and grabbed the bag from my hands, bringing it back to the bed so that he could eat comfortably.

"Money again?" he questioned once more, as he pulled the $50 dollar note out of the bag.

"Fucking hell" I stormed over and looked at the money in his hand. Of course she would.

The door opening and closing behind us snapped me out of my thoughts. Our Alpha was back, and his calming scent was already settling my nerves.

I was so tense, tense from the threat of being exposed, tense from the whole situation we were in, tense from having to say goodbye to the person that my animal saw as my owner.

"She bought you food again?" Namjoon walked over and peered at the boxes that were now unpacked and spread out over the bed.

A sigh came out of me, all I could think about was that this was the last time. The last time.

"This lady sounds really nice, do you think she would adopt us?" the youngest blurted out with a mouth full of food, eyes hopeful and twinkling.

I choked at his words, coughing and spluttering for a few seconds. Of course I had thought about it before, but I'd never heard the words being said out loud.

Much to my surprise, Namjoon didn't even oppose the idea, he almost looked like he was considering it.

"I- I.. no, she..." I didn't know what to say. Of course I wanted her to adopt us, but she couldn't. "She already has a pack" I said solemnly.

Everyone was quiet for a moment, before Namjoon slowly sat on the bed and picked at the food.

The gravity of our situation was finally becoming apparent. We were being hunted down. People in this area of the city knew about us now and we had to leave before it was too late. We had no other options, nowhere to hide, we just had to leave.

They knew my packmates faces, they knew their species and the area they lived. It wouldn't be long before they found us. Those sadistic bastards that hurt our poor bunny, they were the type that wouldn't stop until they found us.

Suddenly everything became too much for me, and I dropped myself onto the ground and rested against the wall. My packmates looked up from the food, startled at my sudden action.

"I wish she could" I brought my hands to cover my eyes, as if it would stop the tears threatening to spill. "I really wish she could."

We've been running around on our own now for who knows how long, scavenging and scrabbling to find any kind of food. We were lucky enough to find a room cheap enough for us to afford with what little busking money I made. We had no one looking out for us, no one to love us, we only had each other.

The risk of doing underground jobs for more money was too high, and we paid the price for even trying. The threat of Hybrid Services finding us and taking us away, splitting us apart, that was also there. A constant, and exhausting threat that never left us alone.

Then Y/N comes into my life and makes it a little bit easier. Makes each day a little bit better. Maybe her generosity saved my packmate from an infection, potentially even death as well. It felt like the world was against us, but we had her. Even though she didn't know what I was, she didn't know I had 2 packmates, she helped all of us so much.

And now? Now we were losing her too. We were going to move and never see her again. I wanted nothing more than to follow her home and implant myself in her house. I wanted to tuck my packmates into a real bed, maybe even hers. I wanted to be surrounded by her smell constantly.