15. song

please please comment or vote :))

Two weeks have passed and a lot has happened since the movie night. Especially the fact that Ricky and Nina were friends again. Since that evening, he asked her to hang out a few times, but she refused out of fear. But in the end she agreed, they were out together and both enjoyed it very much. Somehow they went back to the time when they were best friends. They forgot everything bad that happened between them. They saw each other every day even though Nina was busy with school and work Ricky would go to the restaurant and talk to her while she was working.

Richard was very happy because he had his best friend back... when they were younger, she was more than just a friend to him. But he never admitted it.

She was the one who was always there for him. When he laughed she laughed too, when he cried she cried with him. That's why he was sorry that he wasn't there for her when she needed him. But he promised himself that it would not happen again and that he would always be by her side when needed. 

"It's really good." the curly haired boy said as he took a bite of his pizza. He and Nina were in her room right now, talking, laughing, watching movies. 

"I told you Mario makes the best pizza in town." the brunette smiled. 

As Ricky took another bite, he saw something that brought back many memories. In the corner was a baby pink acoustic guitar and a piano. Since birth they both dreamed of being singers, they spent a lot of time with these instruments. They learned to play different songs and even write their own songs together. 

"Do you still play?" 

"Um, yeah." she nodded nervously.

"Sing something for me." he said with a smile. 

"I don't think you want to hear a Taylor Swift cover." she laughed. 

"You're right." he told her honestly. "I want to hear your original song." 

"Wh- what?" she asked in shock. 

"You heard me." Ricky smiled at her. "And don't even try to tell me that you don't write anymore, because I know that's not true." 

She shook her head. "I'm not as talented as you."

"Yes because you are much more talented than me." 

"Everything I write is terrible." 

"I do not believe that." 

"But it is true." 

"So sing something and I'll decide whether or not it's true." 

The girl didn't want to but laughed at the fact that the boy was stubborn. She stood up and began to walk away. When she turned and walked back, she already had a pink guitar in her hand.

This instrument was very important to her, because she got it as a child and since then she didn't want another one. Even though it was pink and childish, that guitar meant a lot to her because it was given to her by a person she loved very much.

author's notethis is my writing. it's an original so be nice:)

She took a deep breath and began to play and sing.

"I spent so many days missing you
stopped counting after day 52"

The first line scared Ricky because he thought the song was about him and how she felt when he left.

"I'm sitting in the same room as before
but nothing feels the same anymore

why did you leave without even saying goodbye?
you swore you'd never make me cry
and what am I supposed do now?
I know I should forget but how?

I don't know how to heal my broken heart
when you and I are far apart"

Ricky listened to her and with each line he was more sure it was about him and he was very sorry for hurting her like that. But he hasn't heard the end yet...

"and every single second I miss you so bad
hope you know how much I love you dad"

That shocked the boy. He realized that he was very wrong. He looked at her as she sadly finished playing and put the guitar next to her. 

Before she could say anything Ricky hugged her tightly. "I'm really, really sorry." he told her. 

"It's okay." she whispered, but as she remembered it, a big tear rolled down her cheek. 

"No it's not." he pulled away and shook his head. "I should have been there for you. I should have been there to hug you and hold your hand through it all. And I'm so sorry that I wasn't there."

"What happened happened." Nina shrugged. "It doesn't matter... you're here now." she smiled genuinely.

"Yeah and I promise you," he grabbed her hands. "that whenever you need me I will be there for you. I don't want you to be hurt like that ever again." 

Nina didn't know how to respond so she just hugged him. They hugged like this for several minutes. They both felt safe in each other's arms.

——————
I hope you liked the chapter

bye, Sof