37. War Zone

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 8

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 8. Papa. ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin scavenged through cassettes looking for songs that Nancy might've to listen to. It was all rock.

"This is music!" Eddie took one of the cassettes and yelled at her showing the Metallica cassette. "Just find anything! She might like it!" Franny replied back. "What song!"

"Does she like Kate Bush?" Max panicked. "I don't know, maybe I'll go ask Mike! Just try it, Max!" Franny panicked also before taking the headphones and player and rushing to the gate. She found no Steve or Nancy.

"She's awake!" Steve called out. Franny exhaled in relief. Nancy made it out, thankfully safely and Steve followed after her. Nancy rushed to Franny's arms.

"You need to rest. Come on," Franny spoke. Nancy shook her head. "No, I don't want to. What if..." Nancy started. "He's not coming back for you." Steve chimed in. "We'll make sure you're safe." Nancy soon nodded.

𓆩♡𓆪

"So what happened?" Franny asked leaning on the wall. "He showed me," Nancy started hoarsely. "things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this..." Nancy kept her gaze on the ground.

"Giant creature with... a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming to Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then... he showed me, my mom. And Franny. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." Her breath shakes.

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Nance," Steve spoke. "Right? I mean... I mean, it's not real." Nancy shook her head. "Not yet. But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins." Nancy added.

"And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't Upside Down Hawkins."

"It was ours. Our home." Everyone stood silent and looked at each other. "Four chimes." Everyone looked to Max. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes for times." She paused for two seconds. "Four exactly."

"I heard them too," Nancy added. Everyone looked at Nancy at her sudden confession. Franny and the others were never told or heard about Nancy's visions with Vecna. She didn't tell anyone. Not her mother, Mike, anyone. That was until now.

Everyone asked her why she never told them. She said Max was more important than herself and she didn't want anyone to worry about her more than Max. "He's been telling us his whole plan the entire time."