Chapter 36

Owen was in the living room setting up a small camera on the mantle when Cameron walked into the room. "So what exactly are you gonna be setting up tonight?" Cameron asked.

"Right now we're just putting up some smaller cameras throughout the house. They're all equipped with night vision and we should be able to access them through the laptop I brought. We also have a few handheld recording devices and an old-school Xbox with the Kinect.'

"What do we need that for?" Cameron asked confused.

"The tracking dots," Andra answered from where she stood near the window. Owen gave her an approving look. "She's right man," he said. "The technology in the Kinect is built to pick up bodies in the immediate area it's viewing. The thing is it picks up bodies you can see and some you can't. You know what I mean?"

"I think so. Basically, you use it to see ghosts."

"Exactly right my man. With a little luck,k you'll get a chance to see it in action later. If it picks up a form in the room it pinpoints it with the tracking dots your girl here was talking about."

Your girl. He had assumed Cameron and Andra were together. Cameron started to correct him and then thought better of it. He didn't mind if that's what he thought. Who knows? He thought to himself. When this is over it might even be true.

"Those same tracking dots will map out all the figures the sensors find. Even those that can't be seen with the naked eye."

"Where did you learn all this?" Cameron asked incredulously.

"Dude it was on one of those paranormal movies that were so popular a few years back and besides that it's been on every ghost hunting series known to man. Where have you been?"

"Yeah, dude. Where have you been?" Andra whispered punching him playfully in the arm from where she had appeared beside him.

Smiling at her he rolled his eyes skyward. "Is everyone setting up the same type of equipment?"

"Pretty much but you can go check in if you want."

He nodded and taking Andra's hand led her toward the stairs. On the landing of the second floor, they found the teenage girl from earlier.

Her hair was a dirty blonde color and styled into a short pixie cut. She was tiny an inch or two shorter than Andra. The way she flitted around the upstairs put Cameron in mind of the pixies or fairies they had watched in movies as kids. She wore black skinny jeans shredded at the knees and a purple tank top.

"Hi," Cameron said. The small girl turned around to greet them with a little wave. "I just thought I would bring Andra up to meet you and see how things were going. Andra this is Theo. Theo this is Andra."

"Hi," Andra said. Nice to meet you."

"You too. Things are going ok. I'm just getting our last cameras set up. We'll have views of the master bedroom, the bathroom, the landing, the top of the stairs, and the guest room." Theo said gesturing toward Savannah's room."

"That isn't a guest room." Andra corrected. "That was her room. The girl who died here."

"Ok. Sorry," Theo answered obviously at a loss.

"I've put out a few digital thermometers so we can keep up with the temperature while this is going on tonight."

Just then a tall dark skinned boy came up the stairs with curly hair and light brown eyes. "Hey, there you are Cal?" Cameron said with a smile. "I wanted to introduce you to Andra."

"Hi," he said waving in her direction. "I've been downstairs running the audio."

"How's everything looking?" Cameron asked. "Good. Owen is almost done with the cameras downstairs and he's setting up the Kinect now. He's also put a couple of Theo's thermometers out down there. I found some headsets we can use so we can stay in contact with each other no matter where we are in the house. Owen even has a small generator with him just in case. "He turned to Andra his smile warm and infectious. "There's not an inch of this house that your viewers won't be able to see and hear tonight."