Chapter 31

Y/N POV 

I woke up, as usual, cuddled with my pack. Yoongi behind me, spooning me, and Hobi and Jimin both curled up in my stomach. I blinked a few times, trying to clear my blurry vision through my puffy eyes.

My hand rested gently over Yoongi's arm that was placed firmly across my stomach, holding me tightly to him. I let myself get lost in the safeness that I felt with him. He was so warm, and his arm felt so protective over me, and I just wanted to feel this way forever.

Although Yoongi was only a little bit taller than me, and didn't have the hugest muscles, I still felt so safe with him. I felt like he could protect me from anything, he would save me from anything. Granted, he was a large predator hybrid, but even if he was a housecat like Jimin, I would still feel safe with him.

As much as this feeling made me warm, it also made me feel guilty because I was the one that was supposed to be protecting them. My mind flashed to the memory of them in that small room in the shelter.

They looked so small, so vulnerable, Yoongi was hiding just so he could give his packmates a better chance at getting adopted. I've been too scared to ask, but I imagine that they probably had some rough patches before they were brought to the shelter.

And here I was, seeking comfort out of them, allowing myself to become immersed in their warmth and touch, when it should be the other way round.

I'll need to put in more effort from now on.

In the short time these boys had been living with me, they had managed to burrow themselves deep into my heart, and I never wanted to let them go. I never wanted to see them in a shelter again, or anywhere else other than my home. Was that selfish?

I reluctantly and gently pried Yoongi's arm off me, and very carefully snuck out of the bed. Out of habit or instinct, I wasn't sure, the three of them shuffled closer to each other and Yoongi now placed his arm around the 2 small animals.

After placing the blanket over the 3 of them, I quickly got myself ready for work. I turned my alarm off before it had a chance to ring and wake everyone up. I've been waking up before my alarm lately, which was rather unusual for me.

Once I was dressed and ready to go, I tiptoed back up to my bed to give the boys a quick kiss goodbye. I gave Hobi and Jimin quick pecks on their little furry heads, then moved to kiss Yoongi's cheek.

When I leaned up, though, one of his eyes was half open, looking at me. It caught me off guard and made me blush, even though there wasn't really anything wrong with what I was doing.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up, just wanted to say goodbye" I whispered to him.

"Hmmmm I wish you could just stay here" he mumbled in his deep morning voice.

God that voice could do things to me. I didn't have time to get lost in inappropriate thoughts though, so I just chuckled and gave him another quick peck before scurrying out of the house.

As I sat on the train, I couldn't help but think about Yoongi. Why was he getting to me so much? Maybe it was because I always woke up with him in his human form, cuddled together like two lovers. It felt as though that if I didn't control my thoughts, I would easily slip into a wild ride through my imagination.

It ranged from sweet scenarios, to not so innocent scenes. Most mornings, I would imagine myself just laying in bed all day with him. Usually this was because I really did just want to be back in my bed, and Yoongi being in there as well was a very welcomed bonus.