chapter 2

Roselle pov

I was moving to a new school. I was a bit nervous, but excited to meet all the new people there. I was glad I at least knew one person which was my best friend since she was going to the same school.

When I was getting dropped off I could see her leaning back on the wall on her phone. I walked up to her, and as she spotted me she lowered her phone down extending her arms out towards me.

she wrapped me in her arms squeezing me tight in a hug. I pat her arm signaling I can't breath anymore. "I can't b-breathe."

She finally let go giving me a worried look while I tried to catch my breath. "I'm so sorry Roselle! I was just so excited to see you!"

I give her a smile resting my hand on her shoulder. "It's okay Celia, but let's walk around for bit. yeah?" she nods her head guiding me around the campus.

It was a bit boring until we got to a certain area in the school. It looked peaceful and quite. I liked it a lot. I caught a glimpse of two figures sitting down, and I could see he was already looking at me.

I smiled, but he looked away quickly not seeing it. I watched as he stood up walking with the other guy, but I was interrupted by the noise of the bell. I looked around the area to not find Celia anywhere.

I struggled to find my class, but found it after quite some time. I knocked lightly waiting for a response, or for someone to open the door.

the door opened and I quickly scurried over to the teacher sitting at the desk. I pull out my schedule showing it to her to make sure I'm in the right class. she gives me a thumbs up and I give her a thumbs up back.

"Im Mrs.Melendez." she whispered. "I'm Roselle." She pointed to a seat by the wall. I scurried over setting my stuff down.

I looked around to see the guys from earlier in this class also. I didn't pay any attention to it, and smiled to myself. "I hope he's in my other classes." I mumble.

when class was over I found Celia in the hallway talking to other people. she spotted me walking towards her and wrapped her arm around my neck. "I found you Roselle!"

I laugh awkwardly. "mhm. yes you did." she laughs along, but laughs too hard that people start to look at us weird. I take her arm off from around my neck dropping back to her side.

I gave her an awkward smile. "um I think I can find my last class by myself." She looked offended, but I didn't care right now. All I was worried about was getting to my next class.

She walked away from me, and I took that as she wasn't going to follow me now. I looked at my schedule looking at the room number.

the class wasn't that far from the class before, and I was glad. I had showed the teacher up front my schedule and she gave me a seat to sit in.

I had to sit in the far back. I didn't complain because I actually like sitting the back. It's more comfortable for me because I know nobody is behind me.

I scrolled through my phone while I waited for class to begin, and before the bell rang I saw somebody sit in the seat beside me.

I looked to the side to see once again the guy from earlier. I gave him smile only for him to look away. My smile faded making me drop my shoulders.

  I paid attention to the worksheet in front of me and finished quickly. I looked to the side to see him struggling, so I slightly moved his paper towards me. I kept it to where he can still see what I'm doing.

  I showed the steps, and he looked impressed. he gave me a nod and I lend out my hand smiling once more. He looks down at my hand then back up at me. "I'm Roselle. I was wondering if you'd like to be friends maybe?"

  He stared at my hand for bit as if he was in deep thought of wether or not he should take my hand or not. Instead of him putting his hand in mine he looked away again.

  My smile didn't fade this time though. Instead I kept a smile. "That's okay. I'll try again tomorrow."