- House -

A house.

Thats what Gwen see's when her mind falls asleep.

A red brick house with a black door and white leafless tree planted in the front yard to match.

Looking around the area, Gwen frowns. The neighborhood seems normal, everything looks fine.

The cracked pavements, the weeds growing along the fence line, the drying grass. Everything looks fine.

"Where am I?" The girl asks herself.

She could tell this was one of her dreams. When she's in her dreams, life feels off.

This feels off.

But why here? What is this place?

Banging echoed from the house and Gwen's head snaps toward the sound.

The front door to the brick house was shaking lightly, moving to each sound of the bang.

Someone was on the other side.

Gwen steps closer, squinting her eyes to see through the glass window on the door but she was too far to see anything specific.

A moving silhouette is what Gwen see's best from where she stands, but it still wasn't enough to the the face.

Gwen looks around before jumping over the short fence and speedwalking over to the door.

When her footsteps neared the door, the banging slowed and soon there was no sound or movement at all. Everything fell silent.

Confused, the girl steps closer to the window in the door, peeking in to get a better look.

Nothing was there.

A scream erupts from her throat when a face appears in the window, along with the sound of more bangs.

Frightened, Gwen falls backwards, landing on her elbows and wincing.

Her head shoots back up to the window, spotting Marilyn through the glass.

Marilyn bangs on the door heavily, screaming for help. Her face was drowning in fear and she had tear stained cheeks. Gwen could tell the girl was terrified.

"Please! Help me!"

Gwen quickly raises to her feet, running to the door and twisting the knob. But it didn't open. The knob didn't even move. It was as if it was glued in place.

The sound of an engine fills Gwen's ears, causing her to turn around.

A black van speeds down the road before making an abrupt turn, pulling into the driveway of the house opposite this one.

Gwen's breath speeds up a little when she spots a man in a mask, his hair was dark gray and greased with sweat.

The grabber.

Panicking, Gwen pulls harder on the door knob, trying to help her friend out of the house.

"Marilyn!" She screams, but its silent. Almost like someone had muted her voice.

Footsteps can be heard from behind Gwen, causing her to spin around.

The man stands there, his head tilted lightly as he shakes his head.